Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Any updates

Bilalhaddad
Aspirant

Any updates

A nighthawk router is abandoned and cant be used with a nighthawk app lol just cuz it have modem
Shame
The r7800 still updated
Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 14

@Bilalhaddad wrote:
A nighthawk router is abandoned and cant be used with a nighthawk app lol just cuz it have modem

That doesn't make sense.

You have a problem that needs fixing?

The D7800 supports the Netgear genie, which some people prefer.

Message 2 of 14
Bilalhaddad
Aspirant

I downgraded my firmware cuz the nighthawk has a problem detecting my vdsl
Message 3 of 14

@Bilalhaddad wrote:
I downgraded my firmware cuz the nighthawk has a problem detecting my vdsl

What is this "Nighthawk"? That a brand name that Netgear applies to all sorts of things.

Routers. Modems. (Cable/DSL) Modem/Routers. Apps.

What does it have to do with your first message?

Who knows what you mean by " has a problem detecting my vdsl"?

Message 4 of 14
Bilalhaddad
Aspirant

lol it means the router cant always connect to the internet
Message 5 of 14

I see. You aren't really here to fix a problem but to have a moan.

By the way, you don't own a "router". Your D7800 is a modem/router. Not the same thing at all.

Message 6 of 14
Bilalhaddad
Aspirant

Stop acting like that, be polite or don't reply please
Message 7 of 14

I still have absolutely no idea if you have a problem, if so what it is, and what you have done to try to fix it.

Message 8 of 14
Bilalhaddad
Aspirant

In order to connect to the Internet, it must connect the gateway first and then connect the internet service provider , my device is unable to connect to the gateway on the latest version
Thats all bro thnx for ur reply anyway
Message 9 of 14

@Bilalhaddad wrote:

In order to connect to the Internet, it must connect the gateway first and then connect the internet service provider

The D7800 is a modem/router. Is this the "gateway" you are referring to? If not what is that gateway?

The term "gateway" can be confusing. It usually refers to a modem/router that also has a way to connect a telephone to the line. That is certainly the biggest use of the term around here.

Netgear does not seem to make gateways for consumers, but it does supply them to Internet service providers.

Gateways | Telco | Service Providers | NETGEAR

The D7800 is not a gateway as most people understand it. It is a DSL modem/router. There should be nothing between the D7800 and the outside world. It just plugs into the phone line, with a "splitter" in there if you also want to connect a phone to the line.

So, what hardware are you using and what is it connecting to?

Message 10 of 14
Bilalhaddad
Aspirant

U misunderstood me
The d7800 is a modem thats need a phone cable ok, after connecting the cable in the d7800 modem u will have to wait till the d7800 to connect, right by connect i mean like a dsl light in other modems, a connection before getting the internet from the providers, i call it gateway that controls my speed lol i know its hard to understand me cuz english isnt my main lang so i have problem explaining my idea sorry for that
So the modem cant always connect and when i use my old modem i dont have this problem so i searched the internet and they solved it with downgrading to a very old version and then i was very upset cuz this product isnt getting the support it needs so i came here posting so netgear can tell me why the d7800 isnt getting fixes any more
Glad that someone replied to me 👍
Message 11 of 14

@Bilalhaddad wrote:
U misunderstood me

Or your explanation was confusing. Which explains this bit:

@Bilalhaddad wrote:
Glad that someone replied to me

My guess is that no one else replied because they couldn't understand the mangled description.

Let's try and unravel it.

• We have a D7800 modem/router connected to a DSL link.
  • It does not always connect to the Internet when it is turned on

We don't know much more than that.

An earlier message said:

the [D7800] nighthawk has a problem detecting my vdsl

We do not know if this is true. Detecting the DSL and connecting to the Internet are two different things. First it detects the DSL and only then does it try to connect to the Internet.

The D7800 makes it hard to know what is happening because unlike many modems it does not have separate DSL and Internet LEDs. The combined DSL/Internet gives some clues, but we don't know what they show when this happens.

A good place to start is the bit in the manual Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

Message 12 of 14
tominwi
Luminary

@Bilalhaddad wrote:
...the modem cant always connect and when i use my old modem i dont have this problem so i searched the internet and they solved it with downgrading to a very old version...

I have a D7000 not your D7800 but assume your Internet Setup page is similar. The obvious things to question are your settings--have you tried many multiple "other" settings for e.g. Select Internet Service Provider and etc? How about your Connection Mode--is that set to Always On?

Connecting to your DSL provider is so basic I'm surprised you say that only a "very old version" of firmware works. What is your Country and Provider?

Message 13 of 14

@tominwi wrote:

The obvious things to question are your settings--have you tried many multiple "other" settings for e.g. Select Internet Service Provider and etc? How about your Connection Mode--is that set to Always On?

Good call. It sure smells like the wrong Internet settings.

It should be possible to "screen grab" (Alt+PrintScreen) the settings and transfer those to the new modem/router.

But there have been instances raised here when firmware does not play nicely with some DSL services. This seems to be an issue for some users in the unholy Australian mess known as NBN.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7