Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't connect to DM200

peteepoos
Aspirant

Can't connect to DM200

I want to update the firmware in my DM200 modem, but it doesn't recognise the password or its serial number. My PC ethernet port is hardwired to my Orbi router (via a powerline adapter), not directly to the modem. Please advise.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

So you're able to connect to it, you just don't remember the login info? 

Is that correct? 

If you don't know the password, don't remember the security questions, or didn't setup password recovery (it still asks but there isn't a right answer), then you'd need to factory reset to get back to the defaults and reinstall it. 

Message 2 of 4
peteepoos
Aspirant

The User Name and Password are the defaults i.e. "admin" and "password" - I haven't changed them, and I have the Serial Number of the DM200. I'm assuming the failure to connect is because my PC is hardwired to the Orbi, not the DM200. I was hoping I could do something with the Orbi settings so that it would pass through any PC to DM200 messages. (My Orbi and DM200 are located in the loft, but I've broken my ankle so I'm unable to get up the ladder.)

Message 3 of 4

@peteepoos wrote:

I want to update the firmware in my DM200 modem, but it doesn't recognise the password or its serial number. My PC ethernet port is hardwired to my Orbi router (via a powerline adapter), not directly to the modem. Please advise.

By default, the LAN address for your modem is 192.168.5.1.

You can't get at that through a router.

To update the firmware detach the modem from the router, connect a PC to the modem and do it there.

Read the bit in the manual

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Remember, if you have to reset the modem for any reason, by default it will enable its limited router features and you will have to set it back to modem only mode.

To be honest, with the DM200 in modem only mode, there isn't much that the firmware can do. The router handles key stuff, including the security issues that the firmware fixes. Wait until you are back on your feet.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7