Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can’t login to Router.net

Dspi23
Aspirant

Can’t login to Router.net

I have just bought this product and followed the instructions in the booklet and have tried setting up the modem in the way described in the booklet with the “admin” and “password” username and password through Safari and Mozilla on IOS as well as trying it on my iPhone. On all accounts it tells me it is the wrong username and password. The customer support is buggy and crashes whenever I try and access it so have had no luck getting help there. If I’m honest I’m Not really too happy with my purchase so far - any suggestions on getting this thing up and running? Thanks.
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Did you find this?

If you cannot login to your router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

How are you trying to access the browser interface for this modem? You mention the iPhone, which suggests that you are using wifi. It is usually easier to use a wired connection to get into the controls.

If you want to use wireless, you need to login to the wifi before you can login to the browser interface.

The wifi has its own set of SSIDs and passwords.

Message 2 of 6
Dspi23
Aspirant

Hi thanks for the response.

I have logged into the wifi already, and can access the routerlogin.net website ok, the problem comes when it instructs me to enter my login name and password. It seems to load for a few minutes then tells me I have the incorrect ISP Username or password. I have tried both “admin/password” as suggested by the instructions as wel as the wifi username and password, on multiple devices and using different browsers to no success. I have not yet tried using an Ethernet cable, but I’m not sure this would make a difference as I am already connecting to the wifi ok - but will give this a go...What else could the username and/or password be?
Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 6

@Dspi23 wrote:
Hi thanks for the response.

I have logged into the wifi already, and can access the routerlogin.net website ok

That's progress. By the way, routerlogin.net isn't what most people recognise as a website, something out there on the internet. It is the browser's way of getting at the local control interface inside the hardware.

If you are using a browser, this suggests that you are using the desktop app to get at the modem/router.

@Dspi23 wrote:
I have not yet tried using an Ethernet cable, but I’m not sure this would make a difference as I am already connecting to the wifi ok - but will give this a go...

In general, it is better to use a wired connection because you then run less risk that the wifi will die on you and interrupt anything you are doing to the modem. For example, if the wifi falls over during a firmware update you can end up with a "bricked" device.

@Dspi23 wrote:

It seems to load for a few minutes then tells me I have the incorrect ISP Username or password. I have tried both “admin/password” as suggested by the instructions as wel as the wifi username and password, on multiple devices and using different browsers to no success.

The details for the router login are admin and password. The wifi details are completely different.

If the routerlogin password has changed, then a factory reset will get it back to what it was, the defaults.

Message 4 of 6
Dspi23
Aspirant

Hi thanks again for the reply,

No it isn’t progress, it is the same problem I’ve been having the entire time - that the username password “admin/password” doesn’t not work. I probably didn’t do the best job explaining it.

I hadn’t changed any passwords but just tried a factory reset and it didn’t seem to change anything.

I am unable to connect via Ethernet at the moment. I’m not sure how this will affect the password/user ID being accepted as valid or not.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 5 of 6

@Dspi23 wrote:

No it isn’t progress, it is the same problem I’ve been having the entire time - that the username password “admin/password” doesn’t not work.

It is progress in that we now have a better picture of what is happening and that you at least see that the login screen asks for your password. Many people don't even get that far.

@Dspi23 wrote:

I’m not sure how this will affect the password/user ID being accepted as valid or not.

The results of this can depend on how you are trying to get at the router. That is why I said earlier:

If you are using a browser, this suggests that you are using the desktop app to get at the modem/router.

You didn't respond to that comment.So I assume that it is correct.

If you are not using a browser, but something like the desktop genie app or a mobile device app, the results can be different.

Since you started this conversation, your "footer" has changed in the equipment it lists. It now reads:

Can you confirm exactly what equipment you are using. 

The D7000v2 and D7800 are both modem/routers. Is that right? Which is it?

It seems that you are using Apple devices.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7