Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't set Internet Restrictions on D6000 AC 750

Beta4K
Aspirant

Can't set Internet Restrictions on D6000 AC 750

I recently purchased an AC750 (model D6000) router and I tried to configure the router so that at certain times the internet should be turned off. I used the schedule to do this, I made sure to tick all the days and then set the times it should be blocked. I chose 11 pm to 6 am. Two Problems however:

The rotuer time is one hour behind regardless of choosing the right timezone and checking daylight savings.

The router doesn't block the devices I added at the certain times. I'm still able to browse the internet at those times.

What's the problem? I have the latest firmware version V1.0.0.59_1.0.1

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Beta4K
Aspirant

Re: Can't set Internet Restrictions on D6000 AC 750

Yup, I had unzipped, chose the .bin file but nothing. I ended up taking the router to the retailer and getting another one. This seems to solve a lot of other issues and seems more consistent. Thank you for taking your time to see whats up 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

V1.0.0.61 is the latest, the release notes don't mention a time fix.
Message 2 of 8
Beta4K
Aspirant

What are the chances that the latest firmware would fix the problem? I'm also starting to get issues where the router wouldn't let me connect to the router page at certain times. So now I've got 3 problems to worry about 😐

Message 3 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

When the router becomes unstable try pushing reset, no change push reset until power LED flashes, using the defaults settings test.

Updating could help?

Message 4 of 8
Beta4K
Aspirant

Problem. I can't update the firmware, it says that the update file is invalid. So now I can't even update the firmware.

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

did you unzip it first?

Message 6 of 8
Beta4K
Aspirant

Yup, I had unzipped, chose the .bin file but nothing. I ended up taking the router to the retailer and getting another one. This seems to solve a lot of other issues and seems more consistent. Thank you for taking your time to see whats up 🙂

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You're Welcome

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements