Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Complaint -- it costs $80 to get a replacement for a defective modem/router

billmatthiesen
Follower

Complaint -- it costs $80 to get a replacement for a defective modem/router

I want to register a complaint that now that my Netgear N600 modem/router no longer works properly, I would have to pay $80 for an additional six months of technical support -- even though this technical support would only be used to "diagnose" the fact that the modem is defective. This is an unfair business practice for a product which supposedly carries a 1 year warranty.

This approach to warranty service does not exist for any other computer company or product which I've encountered over the past 30 years. When products are defective and carry a warranty, they should be replaced without additional cost to the purchaser.

I'm not looking for "technical support" when that support only consists of providing an RMA number for a defective product.

I will not be buying anymore Netgear products and will certainly be registering my complaint with Newegg and other companies which offer Netgear products.

If you are considering buying a Netgear product, you might want to explore another company which offers an honest warranty.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Complaint -- it costs $80 to get a replacement for a defective modem/router

Hello billmathiesen

I am very sorry about the support you have recieved I have sent you a Private message about getting your case back on track.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
clithes
Prodigy

Re: Complaint -- it costs $80 to get a replacement for a defective modem/router

Presumably you didn't purchase the product directly from Netgear?  The last time I had to return an IT product under warranty (a Seagate harddrive) I contacted the original supplier who arranged the RMA.

I'm sorry that you have had problems resolving the issue, I have purchased a number of Netgear products over the years, found their support to be helpful when needed, and would (and have) recommended their products over other manufacturers to my friends and colleagues.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7