Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D3600 - problem connecting to BT - BT wholesale error

abryant101
Aspirant

D3600 - problem connecting to BT - BT wholesale error

Hi, I have a v old netgear router which works fine on my BT copper line before and since.....tried installing  the D3600 and got an error message from..... BT Wholesale ...."your service provider is currently unable to accept your connection request........"  Has anyone seen that? Thanks Andy

Model: AC1450|Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 1 of 9

Re: D3600 - problem connecting to BT - BT wholesale error

Do you mean the BT Wholesale speed test?

In other words, what are you trying to do when you connect?

Message 2 of 9
abryant1001
Aspirant

Hi, thanks.....no there is simply no internet connection and an error message from BT Wholesale.....I assume the settings are wrong on my new router

Message 3 of 9

So you are a customer of BT Wholesale?

My modem does not offer this as an option in the setup pages for DSL. I see just  BT.

Are you using the wizard for setup, or manually putting in details?

Which BT service do you have ADSL? Infinity?

Message 4 of 9
abryant1001
Aspirant

Hi....I am a BT copper ADSL customer......the error message is simply from BT Wholesale.....as per this link....https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/All-pages-redirecting-to-62-6-38-125-index-.... My old router works fine - therefore I am assuming it is a settings issue on the new one

Message 5 of 9

I am also on BT copper. But my DSL is Infinity.

The link you gave to the BT Forum was also about Inifinity. Is that what you have? You did not answer when I asked before. "BT copper ADSL" could also refer to BT Infinity.

Nor did you answer when I asked, if you are using the wizard for setup, or manually putting in details?

If the old router still works, go in and note down the settings for your internet sign in. Then find the places to insert those details for the D3600.

Message 6 of 9
abryant1001
Aspirant

Hi thanks. I have been using the wizard. Broadband is the basic copper service. Not infinity

Message 7 of 9

OK. The wizard clearly has lost its magic, so you'll have to feed in the information manually.

Look at page 44 of the manual for the D3600. (It is on the support pages for the device.)

The information you have to provide is on page 48.

As I suggested in my last message, you may be able to get the information you need from your old manual, or you can probably find it on the BT support pages. I don't have BT's ADSL any more now that I have switched to Infinity DSL.

This message, for example, gives some of the details:

What is my BT broadband username and password? - BTCare Community Forums

There are more where that come from.

Message 8 of 9
abryant1001
Aspirant

Thanks for being so helpful - will give it a go this evening

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos