Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

how to use DSL in DGN1000v3

selvashankar
Aspirant

how to use DSL in DGN1000v3

Hi all,

I am having DGN1000v3 -N150 wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router. My ISP is providing a connection with RJ45 port.(so that i can connect directly to laptop with normal network cable). 

Could anyone help me to connect that via my Modem Router ? Please let me know if there are any configuration changes to be done.

Thanks,

Selva

Model: DGN1000v3|N150 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
selvashankar
Aspirant

Re: how to use DSL in DGN1000v3

Thanks VE6CGX. 

let me go for a new router with RJ45 WAN. 

if you come across any configuration with firmware update please let me know.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

Why don't you ask your ISP tech support? Are you trying to connect to Internet?

Did you set up the router? Don't you have user manual?

Message 2 of 9
selvashankar
Aspirant

Hi,
I was using this modem previously for a diffferent ISP where in i was provided with RJ11 input port. I have used as a normal modem with splitter for modem and phone. But now i am changing to another ISP where in they provide with RJ45.
I have approached my ISP for Support, they are simply suggesting me to buy another modem which supports direct DSL with RJ45 port.
I have read in google that in some netgear devices, one of the RJ45 port can also be used as input which will not be duplicated. Hence i need some suggestions here if anyone has already tried.

Thanks,Selva
Message 3 of 9
VE6CGX
Master

Have you used this modem/router with the other ISP? Do you have owner's manual? If you do, did you read it? You must be at least  faliliar with this unit. On the back of ther unit you have a RJ11 jack to connect to phone jack and 4 LAN ports to connect devices. You need phone cable to connect the router to phone jack. If you need to attach phone, connect phone to another RJ11 jack in the house or you need RJ11 splitter.  After router is connected do whatever you want setting up the router. If run into problem raise a specific question here.

Message 4 of 9
selvashankar
Aspirant

Hi..thanks for your comments. This is what i did for my previous ISP. I have used my RJ11 as input and 4 LAN as output. I am not much familiar with manual.
My question is ... out of the 4 LAN , can we use 1 LAN port as input.
Message 5 of 9
VE6CGX
Master

No. Any way what you were thinking to connect to LAN port?

Message 6 of 9
selvashankar
Aspirant

I need to connect the line which my ISP will give me to access internet. It is a RJ45 port and he gave me to connect directly to laptop and use it. Since i have multiple devices, i would like to connect the RJ45 input to my wifi router which will enable multiple devices to connect. If the LAN cannot be used as input. I need to go for a new device with RJ45.
Message 7 of 9
VE6CGX
Master

I see. My guess is your ISP modem is providing RJ45 output connection to your router. Simple thing is getting a regular wireless router which will have one RJ45 jack marked as WAN, and 4 LAN ports. You connect that ISP provided RJ45 to WAN port.  I never liked modem/router combined boxes. I always use mdem and router separately . Looks like time to buy new router for you. Good luck.

Message 8 of 9
selvashankar
Aspirant

Thanks VE6CGX. 

let me go for a new router with RJ45 WAN. 

if you come across any configuration with firmware update please let me know.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7