Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6000 Not automatically connecting to internet after power cycle - Have to manually connect

dirkvhp
Tutor

D6000 Not automatically connecting to internet after power cycle - Have to manually connect

Following a power cycle or reboot (either manual reset or unplanned power outage) I have to manually detect the internet connection every time.

My account login and password are already populated in the router login pages so I would have expected it would automatically connect to the internet. 

I have not changed the default settings for the router so am at a loss as to how to make it connect automatically.

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can fix this?

Message 1 of 8
dirkvhp
Tutor

Re: D6000 Not automatically connecting to internet after power cycle - Have to manually connect

Message 2 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello dirkvhp

Have you made sure you are on the latest firmware?

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/D6000#searchResults

DarrenM

Message 3 of 8
dirkvhp
Tutor

Thanks DarrenM,

I've confirmed I am using the most current firmware (Firmware Version V1.0.0.49_1.0.1).  

I also checked using the Firmware Update utility in the Netgear genie.  It advised that no new firmware updates were availble.

Still puzzled....

Message 4 of 8
StephenBM
Initiate

Hi. Yes I am having the same issue.

Stephen

Message 5 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you checked in Advanced- Setup-Internet setup that the Connection Mode is set to always on?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 8
rdcs0
Initiate

Yes I'm having the same issues - and yes conneciton mode is set to Always on and I'm on the latest firmware V1.0.0.49_1.0.1 ..... and its been going on for 2 years across 2 different purchases of modems 12 months apart - the latest being April 2015.

The problem is worse than just through a re-boot. It also happens if the service provider DSLAM glitches, or there is a cable fault that gets fixed. Under ANY circumstances the modem loses DSL sync with the DSLAM, a manual re-boot is required. This is consistent across 2 modems purchased 12 months apart.

There is another issue which is very intermitment. Occasionally, the modem literally loses its brains and requires a power-off reset beause you cannot talk to it via the LAN login or Netgear Genie. When it comes back, the config is sometimes scrambled and only the backup config file saved me. Its obvious the auto-sync procedure built in to the ADSL2+ protocol is not being activated.

Addiionally, when I know I have lost sync and conneciton, when logged into the modem via the LAN, in the advanced display, the "connection status" pop up dialog lies - it says I'm still connected. There appears to be no link (sorry about the pun) to the companion pop up dialog "Show Statistics" which is supposedly polling the connection every 5 seconds and is happily reporting on-going connection.

I think there is (are) some major firmware bugs in the OS.

For an otherwise pretty decent product that generally performs well, such obvious basic functionality failures are pretty disappointing that Netgear has not found these itself and judging by the time-length of the comments here is not doing anything about it. So I'm fairly pissed off and thinking about moving away from Netgear - its a trust issue - because if these bugs are that basic and unresolved - how much of the core (buggy) OS code is carried through into the more recent models???

cheers

Richard

Message 7 of 8
dirkvhp
Tutor

Hi DarrenM,

Been a while since i checked in...

Yep, Connection Mode is set to "Always on", refer also my earlier post above...

Problem persists...

Regards

dirkvhp

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7