Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6200 Dissable internet search for connection. No hard line internet connection.

paul5
Aspirant

D6200 Dissable internet search for connection. No hard line internet connection.

Hi, AC1200 D6200 firmware 1.00.26

I don't have a hard line internet connection, it's used as a router so how do I dissable/stop it from looking for an interenet connection.

'You must log in to this network before you can access the internet'

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
paul5
Aspirant

Re: D6200 Dissable internet search for connection. No hard line internet connection.

"Hey big spender", to quote the song."

I Understand the pun, 'Yep big spender I am' but would retail of around $200 have gotten me:

The ability to manually change the time

The ability to select an NPT server of choice.

WDS functions as advertised.

Live and learn.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies

@paul5 wrote:

I don't have a hard line internet connection...

So what internet connection do you have?

Even as a router, the D6200 will expect to see the internet through whatever modem you have.

If you want to use it as a switch, don't plug anything into the WAN (internet) socket and see what happens.

If you just want wifi, turn it into an Access Point.

See page 107 in the manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D6200 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Message 2 of 6
paul5
Aspirant

So what internet connection do you have?

I use a pocket wifi hotspot.

If you just want wifi, turn it into an Access Point.

See page 107 in the manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D6200 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Netgears manual does not reflect real world. See screenshot, the actual router software does not have 'Wireless Repeating Function'. Am I missing something for the firmware is the latest 1.00.26

Message 3 of 6
paul5
Aspirant

It looks like Netgear has removed the WDS function. https://community.netgear.com/t5/R6000-Series-AC-WiFi-Routers/D6200-recent-firmware-removed-wireless...

I should have heeded advice, Don't get Netgear unless you want junk. I paid $20AUD for this near new one and wasted several hours on it. My other router is atleast 5+ years older than this and software wise is light years ahead just not 5GHZ. You can't even change the date and time on this junk.

My first and last Netgear experience. Now I have to see If I can sell it.

Thanks for the help but unfortunately you made me discover another design fault.

Message 4 of 6

@paul5 wrote:

I paid $20AUD for this near new one and wasted several hours on it. .

"Hey big spender", to quote the song.

Message 5 of 6
paul5
Aspirant

"Hey big spender", to quote the song."

I Understand the pun, 'Yep big spender I am' but would retail of around $200 have gotten me:

The ability to manually change the time

The ability to select an NPT server of choice.

WDS functions as advertised.

Live and learn.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7