Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6300 Latest Firmware and no AP mode

Kiwimarkus
Tutor

D6300 Latest Firmware and no AP mode

In the setup section of my D6300 Router there is no AP section visable...I have the Latest firmware V1.0.0.102_1.0.102...I do hope this is the right firmware

My Netgear Modem/Router is just a D 6300...There is no mention of Version 1 or 2.   Is there another firmware which has the AP Mode-Setup?

Kind regards

Kiwimarkus

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Kiwimarkus
Tutor

Re: R6300v2 Latest Firmware and no AP mode

Hi Michael

Thanks for the fast reply

Yes...I have found it now....I do appreciate your help and will now study the manual more closely

Best Regards

Markus

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies

Re: D6300 Latest Firmware and no AP mode

What hardware are you talking about? R6300v2? As in the subject. Or D6300 as in your message?

The D6300 is a modem router. Are you trying to turn it into an access point? If so, wired, as an extender, or wireless, as a repeater? Many devices will not work as a wifi repeater but they can do extender.

Firmware, manual and other stuff for the D6300 is here:

>>> D6300 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Message 2 of 6
Kiwimarkus
Tutor

Hi Michael

I am talking about a D6300 and I want to turn it into a wired extender for Fibre compatible ...internet provider-supplied modem router..mainly to connect my printer to and maybe to still be able to use Netgear Genie...

Kind regards

Markus

Message 3 of 6
Kiwimarkus
Tutor

Hi Michael

I have already installed the latest firmware,,,as suggested in your link.  Unfortunately the AP setup Mode does not show in the "Advanced setup" section.

Kind regards

Markus

Message 4 of 6

Did you read page 99 of the manual?

It can take some tweaking to turn a modem/router in to an access point. For example, you have to turn off DHCP and NAT settings. You don't want the old modem handling the allocation of IP addresses. Page 54 of the D6300's manual explains this.

Have you been out into Google land for help?

It doesn't matter which modem you plan to use, the approach is mostly the same.

Remember, if you are using this as an access point, connect it to the network with one of the LAN ports, not the Internet port, which comes into its own if you want to use this as a router.

@Kiwimarkus wrote:
Unfortunately the AP setup Mode does not show in the "Advanced setup" section.

With my D6400, a similar device, there is a Wireless AP entry in the Advanced Setup list just under Wireless Settings.

The manual for your modem (page 99) suggests that this is in Wireless Settings.

Not there?

Message 5 of 6
Kiwimarkus
Tutor

Re: R6300v2 Latest Firmware and no AP mode

Hi Michael

Yes...I have found it now....I do appreciate your help and will now study the manual more closely

Best Regards

Markus

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series