Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 LAN Port problem

sbm
Aspirant
Aspirant

D7000 LAN Port problem

Hi ,

I have a Netgear D7000 v1 , not very old nor very used.Last time I used it more than 4months ago with Firmware Version 1.0.1.44 , it was all okay.I then disconnected it and packed it as I was not using it.

Now today I have attcahed it , and suddenly saw that LAN port 3 and 4 are working on 100Mbps mode (Orange LED) , but strangly LAN port 1 and 2 are working on 1Gbps mode (White LED).I have a desktop PC with Gigabit LAN , the same LAN cable if I attched from PC to D7000's LAN port 3 or 4 , it will 100Mbps (Orange LED) , but if I attched to LAN port 1 or 2 it will 1000Mbps (White LED).I have change the cable to new CAT6 , disable QoS , reset via reset button and also checked with more than four firmware including the latest.But the LAN port 3 and 4 stucked at 100Mbps.

Also checked loopback test ............WAN to LAN port 1 and 2 lights up but WAN to LAN port 3 and 4 no lights.But the LAN port 3 and 4 working with dekstop LAN connection on 100Mbps mode without any issue.

Any help ?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
antinode
Guru

Re: D7000 LAN Port problem

Sounds like hardware, but firmware problems could affect the
link-speed negotiations.  I'd probably load the latest firmware, reset,
and reconfigure (manually).

> [...] reset via reset button and also checked with more than four
> firmware including the latest. [...]

As usual, an actual firmware version number would be more helpful
than your opinion of what's "the latest" (today), but that makes it
sound more like hardware.

Message 2 of 4
sbm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply

I have installed firmware version 1.0.1.54 , Firmware Version 1.0.0.38 , Firmware Version 1.0.1.48 and the initial version

In each case I have reset the device by hardware switch from the back and reconfigure everything.Every time I have faced exact same issue , the same cable , same Gigabit connection working well on port 1 and 2 , but simply attached same LAN cable to port 3 or 4 , it will goes to 100Mbps (Orange LED).

Wi-Fi working well , and even LAN port 3 and 4 are working well on 100Mbps , but not more than that.

BTW another thing I should mention , that at the time of booting LAN port 1 and 2 LED lights up (White) , but there is no lights on Port 3 and 4.As long as I can remember , it was checking all four LAN ports by flashing LED light , when I first installed it 5 months ago.

Anything else can be done from my side ?

Message 3 of 4
antinode
Guru

> [...] Anything else can be done from my side ?

Ebay?  You could open the thing and look around, but if there's a
hardware problem, then I would not expect repair to be practical.

If you have any working ports, but need more, then you could add a
(cheap, external) gigabit Ethernet switch on one of them.  Any
performance penalty should be tiny.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7