Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 on TalkTalk - Settings

Jbleakley93
Follower

D7000 on TalkTalk - Settings

Hi all, I'm about to tear my hair out!

I've been with TalkTalk for around 6 months now, the entire time I have been using my D7000 as modem and router. I recall when I subscribed to talktalk I just used the genie setup wizard and all connected ok.

Long story short, an outage yesterday led to TT telling me to factory reset my D7000 (turns out the issue was at the exchange but this is now sorted).

Now my problem is I cannot reconnect to the internet.

The setup wizard keeps telling me that I am using incorrect ISP username and pass (phone number@talktalk.net & no password).

When I use the 'advanced' settings as per the TalkTalk website I still get no connection.

I don't suppose any body could help me find where I'm going wrong?

Thanks!!
Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
tominwi
Luminary

Dunno what will get you back up & running (sorry) but next time before doing a factory reset, save a copy of your configuration first; then you will have that to fall-back on.

Message 2 of 4

@Jbleakley93 wrote:

I don't suppose any body could help me find where I'm going wrong?

Were I feeling cruel, I would say, "using TalkTalk". The world's worst ISP. I regained 10 years of my life when I move to BT, which is saying something.

Do you, by any chance, have a saved configuration file for your D7000? You could reapply that.

Anything useful here?

Search - NETGEAR Communities TalkTalk

Did you find this?

Set up a non-TalkTalk router - TalkTalk Community

Message 3 of 4
tsh23
Aspirant

The setup wizard keeps telling me that I am using incorrect ISP username and pass (phone number@talktalk.net & no password).

I have solved exactly this problem when moving to TT from BT. I have a FTTC install, so I'm using VDSL (despite talktalk support insisting that their published ADSL settings are good for all installs).

The specific requirement is to select 'no' for 'My internet connection requires a password. Obviously the authentication stage is subsequent to establishing the channel, and with the TT configuration any 'authenticate' request results in failure (so I was seeing the connection coming up with an IP, then immediately disconnecting in the logs).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7