Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 5Ghz wireless

F022Y
Follower

D7800 5Ghz wireless

Hello,

I've had this router for sometime after i couldn't live with the ASUS AC-68U on my ECI cab (BT VDSL service).

All has been well until the latest firmware release 1.0.1.20, since then the 5Ghz has been flakey at best with devices disconnecting after what can be mere seconds, 2.4 seems fine but seems pointless having so many 5GHz devices (Macbook Pro, Android tablets and phones aswell as a desktop) that cannot reliably maintain a connection.

My question to you is this, have i missed something? I'm a full time sys admin so have done the usual of channel lookup and distance/ obstructions but nothing makes a difference i have even seen the issue when my laptop is sat right next to it!! If it isn't me should i roll back the firmware to 1.16 (I don't like this idea as the release notes for 1.20 state "fixed security issue").

Any help is greatly received.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: D7800 5Ghz wireless

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have problems after you flash new firmware.

You might like to backup your current configuration before you reset. It doesn't always work to retrieve a backup, but it is is worth having all the same.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7