Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200v4 Refusing to connect

Shiftyuu
Aspirant

DGN2200v4 Refusing to connect

Recently i've run into this problem that I can't seem to fix. Up to about a week or so ago whenever I wanted to login to the router using the usual way (192.168.0.1) it's giving the the refusing to connect error. I've not had problems like this with it before and I can't think of anything i've done recently that could of caused it. I've tried to factory reset it but i'm still getting the same error.

I've tried to login to it using routerlogin and that doesn't work. I've tried to login to it through my phone and another computer and that doesn't work. I'm about to try and revert the firmware to a previous one, although I did update the firmware a while ago, it was working fine for a few weeks after. Some odd things I can say is that When I reset to factory settings yesterday and tried to connect to the internet using genie, it would give me that the internet username and password was wrong even though i knew it was right. A few times it kept saying it was wrong even when the same info was used to connect previously. Eventually after about 20-30mins it eventually worked and I was connected again but as soon as it would connect to the internet, the error would come up. Same with just straight up restarting the router, i'd be able to login to it for a minute or two after restart, just before the internet turned on and as soon as it did, errored. 

Again to sum up, no issues in the past like this, only recently this started. DGN2200v4 N300.

Message 1 of 3
Shiftyuu
Aspirant

Re: DGN2200v4 Refusing to connect

Found the issue - was due to the latest firmware being corrupt on my end or something. After reverting to a previous version, I was able to fully access it.

Message 2 of 3

Re: DGN2200v4 Refusing to connect

Some people see this behaviour even when the firmware is not corrupt. It appears to be a new "feature" in Netgear's stuff.

If you flash the firmware again and get locked out, try checking the IP address with ipconfig. Or use the desktop genie and feed the IP address into that.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7