Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200v4 not reconnects when link drops or IP changes, red light stays till rebooted

prince213
Aspirant

DGN2200v4 not reconnects when link drops or IP changes, red light stays till rebooted

Hi,

DGN2200v4 with latest firmware V1.0.0.24_5.0.8 not reconnecting after adsl link dropped, IP change etc. The internet LED turns to red and stays like it even after line returns to normal. Reboot of router or again disconnecting and connecting the line manually will again turn internet LED to green (internet working).

Also the other thing noticing is that, in the red light disconnected state (reached when line drops) manual connect, disconnect buttons in netgear genie web interface also not respond and thus the only solution is to reboot the router or by pulling the adsl line out and connecting it again.

Previously I used netgear DM111P basic adsl modem and it is able to reconnect automatically once line returns to normal.

Please find a solution to this so that reconnection after adsl link drops take place automatically without rebooting.

Thank you
Message 1 of 9
Joe_
Apprentice

Re: DGN2200v4 not reconnects when link drops or IP changes, red light stays till rebo

This is only a peer-to-peer forum. You should open a case at https://my.netgear.com/registration/login.aspx
Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: DGN2200v4 not reconnects when link drops or IP changes, red light stays till rebo

prince213 wrote:
Please find a solution to this so that reconnection after adsl link drops take place automatically without rebooting.
I might want to know Why the link drops out, I don't have any first hand knowledge of DSL but I thought it was always connected unless there is a problem.
Message 3 of 9
prince213
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for the replies.

ISP here changes IP address of connected users every day as they only give dynamic ip addresses, some times fixed at some time and also can change for many other reasons like various interferences during the day as the phone lines are passing along the road and automobiles and many other factors reduces the signal quality. In the previous modem I used these kind of IP changes was there but that modem quickly reconnect giving new IP address automatically but this new ones once adsl line drops it remains offline like that till manually reboot the router even though 'always on' option selected.

I'll try to open a case there and hope get a solution for this issue. Meanwhile if anyone here have any ideas please share.
Message 4 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

It might a firmware issues but also try use idle time out is small value that it will disconnect when no traffic is made.

I would see if once time out by the router and when PC request the internet traffic it will reconnect by itself and gets new IP if IP is renew everyday by the ISP
Message 5 of 9
prince213
Aspirant

Since 'always on' is selected in internet settings no field there to set idle time. Idle time field only highlighted when choose 'dial on demand'.

If adsl line drops 2 times i.e. one after another then router automatically connects. Also noticed if I manually disconnect and then adsl line drop occurs then also it reconnects automatically. What not working is from online (green light) to online. From offline or disconnected to online works.

Thank you
Message 6 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Contact support and consult about the issues
Message 7 of 9
prince213
Aspirant

Yes contacted, hope they fix this problem soon.

Seems like this problem exists in most netgear products even latest ones and many posted about this, this one of the thread,

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=73524

Many term this as "red light" issue.
Message 8 of 9
prince213
Aspirant

After more than 2 months of phone and mail support and waiting they said there no fix for this 😞
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7