Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost 2ghz signal

biggles1998
Novice

Lost 2ghz signal

Ok.. Before I look at a replacement.. I've had the dgnd3700 v2 since the middle of last year, and have had it running on 2 and 5.. Today I noticed that 2ghz was not broadcasting its ssid.. I've rebooted.. I've factory reset, and I've loaded the firmware.. But still no 2ghz signal, even though it says active on the router menu..

The 5ghz is fine..

Is there something I could be missing?

Mike
Message 1 of 6
WizardJ
Luminary

Re: Lost 2ghz signal

That's strange. Is the 2.4 GHz LED lit up or just blank?
Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

A factory reset should revert all settings to default which should undo anything like hide ssid or shut off via schedule so I would replace it.
Message 3 of 6
biggles1998
Novice

Hi .. Thanks for the replies.. It does seem to be playing up.. I put my old netgear back overnight and on rechecking the 3700 this morning all the lights are on, 2 and 5 are being shown, but it only allows access on 5.. I do think the 2ghz system has failed on it for some reason.. After the factory rest I only set up passwords on the wifi, and even using the 2 ghz guest option still no access.. Hmmmmm..
Message 4 of 6
biggles1998
Novice

Ok.. After looking into it a bit further in the daylight.. I've discovered that Incan only get 2ghz working when not selecting AUTO on the channels.. Selecting 13 and 12 I've managed to connect first time.. But setting auto it donsnt play ball....

Scratching head
Message 5 of 6
biggles1998
Novice

Just an update - this was resolved by a reflash of the firmware..
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7