Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700 Chromecast setup failure

TonyGr
Aspirant

DGND3700 Chromecast setup failure

My Chromecast fails to setup through Netgear DGND3700. I am using the 2.5Ghz channel, AP isolation is switched off and UPnP is switched on, security is WEP – other settings are factory default. I have factory-reset the Chromecast device and powered down and up the router.
The Chromecast setup app is latest version, running on Windows7. The same setup code number is successfully shown on the TV and the Chromecast setup app, but the “select wireless network name” does not display my 2.5Ghz network name. The password field is grayed out.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Tony G

Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Use WPA or WPA2...
Message 2 of 5
TonyGr
Aspirant

Brilliant. I changed the wireless security setting to WPA2-PSK (AES) and Chromecast it working correctly. Many thanks
Message 3 of 5
marcoland
Aspirant

Excuse me TonyGr, where is the AP isolation switch?
In Setup->Wireless Settings, removing the check from "Enable this wireless Network" (corresponding to "Wireless Access Point", if I have understood) I can't see any network.
If I remove the check from "Wireless isolation" I can access to the network, but only from devices that are already attached (WPA2-PSK (AES)).
Where am I wrong? Please, help me.
Thanks in advance,
Marco
Message 4 of 5
marcoland
Aspirant

When the setup code on smartphone (Moto G) is shown, the signal in the TV (LG 47 LE8500) disappears.... :confused:
anybody help me?
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7