Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700 v2 and fiber

Pies
Aspirant

DGND3700 v2 and fiber

I uses DGND3700 v2 with CenturyLink DSL, and with Comcast. II recently changed service to CenturyLink Fiber. I purchased this router specifically because I thought it would accomodate all 3 services.THere is a cable/fiber port. However, I am not successfully connecting to the internet. I've tried the power cycle, factory resets, and attempted to fumble through the manual setup through the Network Genie. However, if the internet LED indicator is not lit, I presume this device is not compatible?

Can anyone confirm if DGND3700 v2 is compatible with fiber? If it is, are there any resources for a tech layperson to follow to successfully set it up?

Model: DGND3700v2|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1 of 7
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I believe the DGND3700v2 only supports ADSL directly. If you have a seperate modem you should be able to connect to your DGND3700v2 using ethernet from the modem to the DGND3700v2. If the modem is in "transparent bridge mode" where it directly passes the DSL to the DGND3700v2 and the DSL is VDSL, the DGND3700v2 will probably not work.

Message 2 of 7
Pies
Aspirant

Thank you for the feedback w3wilkes. I had successfully used this modem/router with Comcast - and had gotten a Surfboard modem for the cable, but I'm having a hard time finding  information about separate modems that are needed for fiber. I've tried using an ethernet cable  to connect the DGND3700v2 directly from the fiber box attached to my wall, plugging into the cable/fiber port. No luck. 

Do you know anything about what kind of modem would work? I'm baffled that it seems the DGNDv2 is fiber compatible, but that I'm not finding actual information about how to set it up. But - I also have limited understanding of networks. THanks for any further insight.

Message 3 of 7
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Isn't there any documentation with the fibre box that tells you how to connect a router to it?

Message 4 of 7
Pies
Aspirant

It was a new fiber connection, and CenturyLink did the install. Left me with no paperwork (or I recycled it) and a leased router. Good point though that I should be able to request information from them.

Message 5 of 7
Pies
Aspirant

This is the leased modem/router http://internethelp.centurylink.com/internethelp/modem-c1100z.html  

I'm ultimately trying to determine my best course of action - whether I can use the Netgear router I currently have with a fiber compatible modem that I buy, whether I lease their gear, or buy one from their suggested list.

Message 6 of 7
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Your modem/router from Centurylink appears to be a full function device. It looks like it doesn't support both 2.4 and 5Ghz wireless, only 2.4Ghz. You should be able to shut off the wireless in the Centurylink and set your DGND3700v2 up as an access point withe wifi turned on and then you'll have both wifi bands available. The Centurylink does have Gbit ethernet so you'll have that on your ethernet ports on both devices if you go with setting the DGND3700v2 up as an access point.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series