Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700v2 Broadcast SSID not working or Light showing up for 5GHZ

IXLU
Aspirant

DGND3700v2 Broadcast SSID not working or Light showing up for 5GHZ

Hi,

I have had this router and modem for about 4 years now and its been great. I have a DGND3700v2  ( Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router ) and im in the UK.

I noticed my devices were not connecting to the usual 5ghz which I had at home and after reading many threads and posts, I started to question my devices that were trying to connect to it.

However after much reading and checking and going a bit mad, I noticed nobody actually suggesting checking hte lights for 5ghz on the router itself. For some reason, althought he software has all of my wifi setup and enabled, the actual physical green light is not showing up.

I tried reverting back to older firmware ( I went back to as far as I could go with downloadable versions on line ) to Firmware Version V1.1.00.20_1.00.21 but this made do difference. So I backed up my setup and reset my router to factory default 3 times, this still didnt enable the light.

So I restored my config and updated the firmware again to the latest version ( V1.1.00.26 _V1.0.1.8 ) and now am no better off, have no 5ghz still at all, the 2.4ghz works fine but ive no idea why this has suddenly stopped.

Any ideas?

I have tried changing channels etc, but I only have 2 options on 5ghz ( 36 and 44 ) and completely making the SSID's to something completely different, no joy.

Seems like this has just packed up, really dissapointed. If it is a known issue, or if someone can suggest something it would be apprecaited, otherwise I will just have to look for an alternative device.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
IXLU
Aspirant

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts, suggestions or knowledge / history of this problem?

Message 2 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello IXLU

It sounds like the 5ghz stopped working because you have tried everything I would suggest to troubleshoot the issue.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 6
IXLU
Aspirant

Hi Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean by troubleshoot?  I have already searched to the N'th Degree so far, plus the points I have already stated.

I am assuming this is a netgear issue, surely someone has had this problem before?

Message 4 of 6
IXLU
Aspirant

Can someone please move this to the Troubleshooting section?

Message 5 of 6

It is fine here.

By troubleshoot, DarrenM means the things that he would have tried to fix it.

It may be a bit confusing when he writes:

It sounds like the 5ghz stopped working because you have tried everything I would suggest to troubleshoot the issue.

Another way of saying it would be

"It sounds like the 5ghz stopped working. You have tried everything I would suggest to troubleshoot the issue."

I assume that you have crawled all over the manual and the support pages for this device:

DGND3700v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

The manual has its own troubleshooting section.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7