Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700v2 and O2 UK

Salvax2
Aspirant

DGND3700v2 and O2 UK

Good morning everyone,

I have this modem/router from Netgear.

Netgear Support have changed the router twice but the problem I have is that the router stops sending the internet out. All the computers, laptops and tablets connect perfectly to the router and checking the settings on the software/router, the unit is connected to O2, but no sending internet out.

I need to swich off/on to star receiving the internet again on the computers or renew manually the lease on the sofware.

Please has anyone got any ideas or solutions??

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Salva
Message 1 of 11
Baldrick
Novice

Hi Salva

Welcome...not an expert but I do recall something about O2 connection issues being mentioned and so had a look back through previous thread and came up with the following:

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=77632

May be of some help so have a look through the whole thread.

Merry Festive Season 😄

Baldrick
Message 2 of 11
Salvax2
Aspirant

Baldrick,

Many thanks for your reply and links.

Unfortunately no luck.

I've just had enough.

Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Salva
Message 3 of 11
Baldrick
Novice

Hi Salva

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully one of the more experienced contributors will have some time to come back to you re. your issue.

In the meantime Happy New Year to you too.

Regards

Balders
Message 4 of 11
N3t934R
Aspirant

i'm on o2 uk, legacy package, with a v2 router. connection is fairly reliable. what do you mean by "stops sending the internet out" ?

can't remember applying any unusual settings

Does your Internet connection require a login?: No
Internet IP Address: Get Dynamically from ISP
Domain Name Server (DNS) Address
Use These DNS Servers
Primary DNS: 87.194.255.155
(no secondary)
NAT (Network Address Translation): Enable
Router MAC Address: Use Default Address

Multiplexing Method LLC-based
VPI 0
VCI 101
DSL Mode adsl2+

under wireless setup choose your channels rather than auto, and choose speed up to 300

mtu 1500

still on stock firmware: V1.1.00.08_1.00.08

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Link Rate 14547 Kbps 1118 Kbps
Line Attenuation 18.5 dB 10.9 dB
Noise Margin 12.4 dB 12.2 dB

6dB margin gave just over 16mbps, but the connection was sometimes intermittent, 12db is proving stable, 9dB might be the compromise.
Message 5 of 11
Salvax2
Aspirant

Good morning N3t934R,
Many thanks for your reply.
All laptops and Pc stop receiving any internet signal, only connecting to the network, accesing the router etc., If you access the router it tells you that you are connected to the internet, speed, ip address etc., but no internet signal out. You need to switch off/on or renew the lease to get everything working again.
The settings are the same, only difference is the firmware 1.1.00.12.
Thanks again.
Happy New Year
Salva
Message 6 of 11
N3t934R
Aspirant

then i would try downgrading the firmware if you haven't already.

what is your noise margin? you can ask o2 to adjust it, at 6dB it caused me issues. sometimes it would work ok for months, then it would suffer multiple dropouts, for no obvious reason. this required resets like you have described.

you can alter it yourself via telnet, should you so wish: https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&q=+site:forum1.netgear.com+enable+telnet+netgear+rout..., but o2 will alter it easily too.
Message 7 of 11
TheNavigator
Aspirant

I am on O2 with a static IP and have had no problems with the connection on either a DGND3700 V1 or V2. I have had other problems with the router itself but that's a different story.

The obvious things to check here are:

I would not necessarily roll back any firmware, but certainly a clean factory reset and working through settings establishing connectivity logically is generally the best policy. Ensure stability and adjust settings in a controlled fashion till something appears to break.
Message 8 of 11
Salvax2
Aspirant

Thanks The Navigator,
The only I going to test now are the Static IP address, all the other are negative.

Many thanks again and Happy New Year

Salva
Message 9 of 11
Salvax2
Aspirant

Good morning everyone,

Many thanks to you all for your replies.

The solution for my DGDND 3700v2 was to reset completely the router and start again with settings for Static IP address and must use DSL WAN on WAN setup. After this all was perfect.

Many thanks again.

Happy New Year
Message 10 of 11
TheNavigator
Aspirant

Glad to be of some assistance:cool:

I suggest you take a backup of the known working settings so you can restore back to a good stable position if future problems arise needing another reset.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7