Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Few questions on DGND3700

TopGear
Novice

Few questions on DGND3700

I have a DGN D3700 router with the latest firmware.

Our internet connection speed is around 2.5MB

1. I would like to set up limitations by IP addresses (or other alternatives) for wireless/wired devices so that they can only download and upload to a specific rate i set. How could i do this?

2. One of the issues i have come across is when i have a few device connected using wireless, the LAN becomes slow. By that i mean i have a Media server setup on the router which has a USB drive connected. When a google stick accesses the media on the LAN (using wireless) if too many are connected then i see the media freezing.... anyway to limit this or improve this scenario?

3. Is it possible to see how much data is being downloaded/uploaded by a device/IP address?

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

There is no bandwidth control on consumer level to cap by ip
Message 2 of 5
TopGear
Novice

In that case what is the next equivalent router that has this ability (plus the current functionality that my current router already has)?
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Prosafe router
Message 4 of 5
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Even though you can't do bandwidth control by IP or MAC, you can adjust device priorities using the QOS settings. This should give you the ability to say that device B will be throttled back if device A needs the bandwidth.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7