Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear D7000v2 Internet indicator flashing

Pewter
Aspirant

Netgear D7000v2 Internet indicator flashing

Router internet indicator flashes red/white. I have looked in the instruction manual until I have lost the will to live but cannot find what this means. Also whilst streaming to a NOW tv box, usually on the 2.4 GHz, the box freezes regularly and reports good WiFi but no internet connection. Cure is to connect to the 5G WiFistream and all works again. Clearly there is internet there. Router has the most recent firmware and exibited the same problem on the previous firmware.

Any help please?

Message 1 of 5
Pewter
Aspirant

Re: Netgear D7000v2 Internet indicator flashing

Following on from my previous message, if I reboot the modem/router the internet indicator stays solid white for a few days then something happens and starts to flash again.

Message 2 of 5

There is a manual for the D7000v2 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> D7000v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See page 13.

@Pewter wrote:

Router has the most recent firmware and exibited the same problem on the previous firmware.

Did you factory reset the device after the firmware flash?

Google delivered an early Christmas present late last year, when it unleashed some crummy code for Chromecast and Android. This resulted in a "wifi flood" that knocked out wifi on equipment from many suppliers. The industry, including Google and various network chipset makers, had to rush out patches to deal with the problem.

Some users found that they had to reset devices to get the update to work.

While router makers and some Google stuff received updates, there have been reports that some Google stuff didn't get automatic updates, leaving users to work out what was going on and to find their own updates. So you might like to check that too.

Message 3 of 5
Pewter
Aspirant

The manal says, if I understand it correctly, that the internet light will flash when delivering data. Well, it is solidly on for a few days then starts to flash so thats not the answer. As for a factory reset after installing the latest firmware, will that not return the device to its original, old firmware state?

Some thing tells me this is a return job to the supplier as clearly something is wrong and looking at other comments there is an ongoing problem with the 2.4GHz WiFi.

Message 4 of 5

@Pewter wrote:

As for a factory reset after installing the latest firmware, will that not return the device to its original, old firmware state?

No.

Try it. It has been known to fix very many wifi issues, especially on 2.4 GHz.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7