Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear DSL DM111PSP ADSL2+ Modem

harrysr
Aspirant

Netgear DSL DM111PSP ADSL2+ Modem

Is it possible to connect more than one DSL Modem to a single phone line without the one or the other modems affeecting the current DSL Signal.  I have both a Netgear DM111PSP and N300 Wireless Modem/Router I would like to install on a single phone line so both units can be utilized at the same time.  Notice that when one modem is connected the DSL is available which allows me to connect to the inter-net, when I attempt to connect the other modem neither modem will detect a DSL Signal.  Would prefer to go this route rather than have telco install another phone line to allow both DSL Modems to be used at the same  time.  Haven't been able to locate either a phone line splitter or power divider to all for a one phone line operation.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear DSL DM111PSP ADSL2+ Modem

Hello harrysr

I dont believe you can run 2 DSL modems on the same line you would need another line for 2 of them.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
harrysr
Aspirant

Re: Netgear DSL DM111PSP ADSL2+ Modem

DarrenM, thanks for the info.  Your correct that two DSL Modems can't be utilized on the same phone line or same pair as they won't sync.  Figured this before I asked the question, but I had hoped that in my research I over looked either a power divider or spliter that would allow the use of more than one DSL Modem on the same line.  Was informed by a Fair Point Comm Tech today, 02 Dec 15, that it's not possible to use more than one DSL Modem on the same pair or line, when more than one modem is used then a dedicated pair for a modem has to be used.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7