Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless clients fail to communicate with each other on DGND3300v2

uday33
Aspirant

Wireless clients fail to communicate with each other on DGND3300v2

We have a Netgear DGND3300v2 router in our environment. This router is set up with WPA2/AES security. We have 2-3 PCs couple of printers connected over wireless. After about 3 weeks, the wireless devices unable to communicate with each other. I further investigated the issue. It seems like when I do a ping from 1 laptop to some other lapotp, the ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) fails hence the ping can't be successful.  Once I add arp entry on both laptops of each other, the ping works fine. This seems to indicate that somehow all the broadcast communication is broke down? Is it a known issue with this router. 

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wireless clients fail to communicate with each other on DGND3300v2

Hello uday33

Have you check to see if wireless isolation didn't get checked this sounds like what would happen if this got enabled. Also make sure the firmware is up to date. hope to hear your feedback.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
uday33
Aspirant

Re: Wireless clients fail to communicate with each other on DGND3300v2

Wirleess isolation is not enabled. The stuff was working fine for 3 weeks and started having this problem. I did more investigation. 

1. PC1 connected wired to router, PC2 connected wireless to router. If I ping from PC2 to PC1 - it works 

2. Remove ARP entries on both PCs. Ping from PC1 to PC2 fails. 

3. Seems like router is not delivering broadcast pacekts on wireless interface properly - thats why step 2 failed, whereas step1 is just fine. 

4. I did airpcap and found that broadcast packets (ARP) sent from wireless station to AP fine. AP is not resending those packets to broadcast address.

So no other wireless station is seeing the ARP packets and hence not responding.

As I said in my previous post, if I add ARP entries on both devices, ping is working just fine. So this clearly rules out wireless isolation being enabled.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7