Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear giving up on the DGND3700, DGND3700v2 to be released instead.

Baldrick
Novice

Scubbie wrote:
Of course there is the danger that someone will attempt to sell the v2 as just a DGND3700 and not appreciate the difference. If you search for the DGND3300 or DM111P you'll only see the model named, not the version number.

With this in mind, I would recommend that anyone reading this ask BEFORE they attempt to purchase the v2.

Very good/pertinent point, Scubbie.

Thanks

Balders
Message 101 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

Scubbie wrote:
Of course there is the danger that someone will attempt to sell the v2 as just a DGND3700 and not appreciate the difference. If you search for the DGND3300 or DM111P you'll only see the model named, not the version number.

With this in mind, I would recommend that anyone reading this ask BEFORE they attempt to purchase the v2.

At the moment you can't search by version on Amazon but they would prumably change the model number from 100nas to 200nas. I'd on the side use the I didn't find what I searched for option and make sure you refer to dgnd3700 v2 or dgnd3700-200nas.

By the time that's released our warrentees will be gone for replacement to it.
Message 102 of 287
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi, and what will happen to those losers who bought dgnd3700 v1?
Netgear will change those bugged v1 with v2?
I bought a high end product, and after 4 mounths they give up? I thought is was also ipv6..

Luckily I haven't big problems with this router, Internet works great, but LAN and wifi speed are slow, and 5 GHz is also very weak. I tryed with pc desktop, with notebook, but the transfert rate in local can't pass the 15 mb/s in LAN and 3 mb/s in wifi.
Another problem is when I restart the router from the browser, all the time I have to power it off/on, because it stop works (router become unreachable).
Firmware is .17, and I won't to change to beta versions, I listen they gava other problems.
Message 103 of 287
Scubbie
Apprentice

I would suggest that you consider checking your consumer rights and see if you can return the router. I am not a legal expert and I can't comment on your personal situation. I am also aware that this is a public forum so I am being careful not to say anything that could be read wrongly be either party.

I've been supplied with a replacement (WNDR3800). At first I couldn't find IPv6 support, but came across it last night.

Whilst I can't really push this router & network set up to it's maximum, I haven't any complaints with what I currently have. If I had a few computers to push heavy volumes of data through it all, then I could see just how well it could cope.

However the USB is slow. It would be nice to see it work faster. I haven't compared the through put to the WNDR3800 though.
Message 104 of 287
Olandese
Aspirant

Does someone knows if the DGND3700-100EUB is a v1 or a v2 model?
Message 105 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

Don't know what the end result is but I tried to find info on amazon.com and found that the outside crowed thinks v2 is just a tweak on usb connections.

Any fill out on hopefully they being wrong?
Message 106 of 287
realKHz
Aspirant

Olandese wrote:
Does someone knows if the DGND3700-100EUB is a v1 or a v2 model?

the 100eub is just a region designation. i just bought a 100aus which i'm pretty sure is a v1.
i'm also sure that the aussie v2 will be 100aus too
Message 107 of 287
Teece
Aspirant

I keep monitoring this thread with hope that someone will confirm the DGND3700v2 is now in circulation.
Message 108 of 287
Scubbie
Apprentice

Based on what I have seen in other sections of this forum, I would expect the number to change to 200-EUR, 200-UKS, 200-AUS, etc.

Obviously I could be wrong, but certainly the '100' indicates a v1 router in this case.
Message 109 of 287
ProjectVRD
Aspirant

Ryster wrote:
So, an admission that the DGND3700 contains unstable hardware components, and they have to release new hardware to fix it. Also no IPv6 support coming, despite being promised it back in November and then December. Does this seem like a kick in the guts to any one else here? It does to me, and it makes me very annoyed. :mad:

Given the admission that the DGND3700 contains faulty/unstable hardware, what do you think the chances are of them recalling all the flaky 3700's and replacing them with v2?

If that is the case then all EU customers are entitled to a refund.
Message 110 of 287
Scubbie
Apprentice

ProjectVRD wrote:
If that is the case then all EU customers are entitled to a refund.

Any such admission would be very guarded. A company such as Netgear would be all too aware about the consumer laws in Europe.
Message 111 of 287
Tony_UK
Novice

Having spent time back and forth with Netgear support on my router issue, which is that it has decided to completely give up connecting the ADSL link (before it was just dropping the line on a very regular 3-4 times daily basis) it has all suddenly gone quiet. My last update from Netgear was on the 28th May saying it was going to be escalated but nothing since then. So is the DGND3700 still being supported or is it that everybody at Netgear has their fingers in their ears trying to mask out the noise of all the complaints
Message 112 of 287
BitStream
Aspirant

Well well well I've just had a phone call from Netgear technical support saying the engineers are on "my case" and will release firmware that will resolve all my issues but they don't have an ETA. I wait with baited breath. The caller admitted that my ticket opened in July 2011 was very difficult to follow but she has documented all the issues personally lol
Message 113 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

Maybe you got lucky anf they kept you on the same case. I think I've had 3 differeny cases in the 4 months I've been communicating with them. That 7 day timer on cases can make things interesting.

If I ho that far I'm going to record my own case notes.
Message 114 of 287
BitStream
Aspirant

They closed my first ticket whilst I was awaiting a reply from them so I opened a new one and cross referenced the first. They have continued the new ticket as if it were the first one.
Message 115 of 287
mistrzmalarstwa
Aspirant

Tony_UK wrote:
Having spent time back and forth with Netgear support on my router issue, which is that it has decided to completely give up connecting the ADSL link (before it was just dropping the line on a very regular 3-4 times daily basis) it has all suddenly gone quiet. My last update from Netgear was on the 28th May saying it was going to be escalated but nothing since then. So is the DGND3700 still being supported or is it that everybody at Netgear has their fingers in their ears trying to mask out the noise of all the complaints

Good question Tony i wonder its only for that product, or in general this company is epic fail.
Message 116 of 287
albgen
Aspirant

My opinion is that, Netgear has to replace DGND3700 with the DGND3700v2 only if a customer request it and only if has found an issue that was reported by submitting a ticket on the netgear support(like most of us here 🙂 ).

I suppose that there are pretty much satisfied people with this product so there is no need to make a recall for all DGND3700.
It will be a disaster for Netgear to recall all DGND3700 units and this thing will not happened, never!!!

I have also read that this router will not get the IPV6 support. This is a very bad news.

Hope Netgear send as the new version!

I'm a little bit disappointed from this product considering the price of it!!

Best regards to all
Message 117 of 287
Scubbie
Apprentice

IPv6 has now been properly launched. What I was surprised at was how badly various countries are at being prepared for the new addresses.

The UK is not in the top 20 for being ready, but the USA appears to be doing badly as well.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/north-america-lags-behind-on-ipv6-readiness-2012-06-05
Message 118 of 287
Dick_W
Aspirant

Scubbie wrote:
The UK is not in the top 20 for being ready, but the USA appears to be doing badly as well.

There is not a great reason to be pushing IPv6 unless you are running low on IPv4 addresses. The US, having camped out here first, has lots of v4 addresses.

The mother of the last person to poke an IPv4 address into a device hasn't been born yet.
Message 119 of 287
keith_thfc
Tutor

Just as a quick 10 month update with this device (its not been able to maintain a sync since day 1), I was promised a refund back in April and heard nothing since.

Logged back in to my Netgear support page today and saw that they closed the call. 😞

I've just raised a new ticket asking if they can exchange my DGND3700 router for a DGND3700v2 or similar model but given their lack of recent communication I'm not holding out much hope for anything......
Message 120 of 287
BitStream
Aspirant

I got a second call from second level support today saying there isn't any newer firmware available yet. However the caller said she'd call me again in 3 days with an update. Watch this space (but don't hold your breath).
Message 121 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

I got a call asking if I solved my problems and after I told them no they emailed me on the same case number saying the same. I think someones not documenting on my behalf. All I know on my case is that I need to thin out my cases since there's 3 without trying.

I would advise anyone to make sure they don't have multi cases as well.
Message 122 of 287
Blake77
Novice

Like you I have had problems since last September, it took a long time to establish the fault as it was intermittent. Netgear have replaced the unit with a standard DGND3700 under RMA. The replacement unit also has an obscure but different problem - with WPA2-PSK security applied it will not run faster than 54Mbps in either band - it is fine with no security 144Mbps and 300Mbps. I have spent the best part of two days with online support requesting multiple re-configures and firmware reloads - all to no avail! Having read this thread it seems I bought a Pup which is disappointing as I was a long standing fan of Netgear products. I thought I would post this as a warning to others.
Message 123 of 287
theTechman05
Aspirant

My problems consistent 😄 so it should be solvable but the thought that they call ASKING ME IF i HAVE SOLVED the problem makes me ready to ask for an rma.

I tried last night to call and the tech said something like "you are on a case I can't update that you still have a problem without your tech's call back:confused:" (anyone write for Dilbert?)

I think next email I'm going to get my techs extension and leave my comments to his voice mail (if a voice mail available:rolleyes:).

*if this conversation ever leads to v19 beta four for other users lets move this to the sticky.
Message 124 of 287
alanOB
Aspirant

For what its worth, a review of the router 3 days ago on amazon uk confirms they are still selling v1.
Message 125 of 287
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7