Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New firmware with built in Torrent Client

burt35
Aspirant

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

so just inputting the extracted username password is all you need to do?
Message 401 of 1,478
mosi4
Aspirant

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck connecting to BT Infinity using this firmware?

I've configured VDSL, VLAN tag to 101, entered the generic user id for PPPoE.

Line syncs fine but does not complete the PPP connection, e.g.

Jan 1 00:00:48 (none) daemon.notice pppd[1181]: pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0
Jan 1 00:00:48 (none) daemon.notice pppd[1181]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Jan 1 00:01:14 (none) daemon.notice pppd[1181]: PPP: Start to connect ...
Message 402 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

mosi4 i will be trying to set mine up with sky fibre on monday not sure how much luck i will have i think its set up differently to bt but have you set transfer mode to PTM.
Message 403 of 1,478
mosi4
Aspirant

hi burt35,

Yes I had that set and layer 2 appeared to be up/VDSL Synchronised.

Basic Settings
--------------

Encapsulation PPPoE
Login bthomehub@btbroadband.com
Password [blank]

ADSL Settings
-------------

Multiplexing LLC-BASED
VPI 0
VCI 38
DSL Mode Auto
Transfer Mode PTM

xDSL Advanced Settings
----------------------

Target SNR Margin 0%
DSL Modulation VDSL2
Phone Line Pair Inner
Bitswap On
Sra Off
Trellis On
Sesdrop Off
CoMinMgn Off
i24k On
phyReXmt Up Off/Down On
monitorTone On
dynamicD On
dynamicF Off
SOS On

WAN VLAN ID 101
Enabled Yes/Ticked
Message 404 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

to be honest mosi youve done exactly what i would do youd probably be better off asking richud but he is busy at mo.
noticed one thing do you not need a password not sure how bt works though.
Message 405 of 1,478
mosi4
Aspirant

Hi burt35,

I've had some success, albeit manually via SSH.

I logged into the router and noticed the PPP session was attempting to connect on interface atm0, when in fact the vlan101 trick creates a sub interface (atm0.101), e.g. the command the router is trying to run:

pppd -c ppp0 -i atm0 -u bthomehub@btbroadband.com -p BT -t 1492 -f 0 -m 003088000004/02

If I manually run the ppp daemon with the same commands against the new subinterface, it connects!

/bin # pppd -c ppp0 -i atm0.101 -u bthomehub@btbroadband.com -p BT -t 1492 -f 0 -m 003088000004/02
PPP: ppp0 Connection Up.

The only difficulty now is I am at a loss how to make that change permanent on the router.. I'll keep poking around to see if there's a script I can change, but if someone has any advice i'd be grateful.
Message 406 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

Just wondering if anyone had tried loading the DGND3800B firmware onto their DGND3700v1 router? The web ui looks interesting.

I downloaded the source and it has a lot of references to DGND3700 in it, so I have been trying to build it using Richud's extras, but having to do a lot of patching, so still not there...
Message 407 of 1,478
Shivian
Aspirant

Does this firmware work for AU/NZ DGND3700 v1's?
Message 408 of 1,478
Shivian
Aspirant

Sorry should add, was just clarifying as I see there are different regional releases from Netgear so I don't know what the actual differences are and whether I'd need to configure my router differently or can/cannot use this firmware?
Message 409 of 1,478
mosi4
Aspirant

@Shivian,

AFAIK, there we're 2 hardware variants of the DGND3700; 'North America' and 'all other regions/worldwide',

Mine is a 'worldwide' model and I would suspect yours is as well.
Message 410 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

up and running with sky fibre but have had to use sky router the netgear wont connect.:(
Message 411 of 1,478
mosi4
Aspirant

Hi burt35,

I am up and running with BT Infinity, albeit with the VLAN ppp issue I mentioned earlier (basically until I can figure out/someone can give me pointers how to make the tweak I made permanent, i'll need to manually reconnect if the router get's rebooted/powered off).

Was you VDSL able to sync?

Did you get hold of your sky username and password? (method discussed here http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/extracting-sky-router-passwords/51163-how-get-username-password-sky-h...)
Message 412 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

shivian: V1's are same, you may need to flash it via tftp or such though if web interface wont let you - if you look back on this thread someone explained how they managed it if I recall.

mosi4: please see PM I sent at w/e, cheers.

burt: doesn't look like it needs vlan ID (sorry I thought you were trying for BT before) - looks like you want IPoEoATM with correct login and password, if you look at the process list you should see something like

/sbin/udhcpc -i atm0 -c "**********@skydsl|**********"

have a look here, http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-broadband-fibre-help/49566-step-step-sky-fibre-working-dd-wrt-tp-...
- take everything with a pinch of salt.

If you can get the vdsl link ok (first thing to get working) then it is just a matter of getting correctly decoded username/pass and formatting it correctly for udhc.
Message 413 of 1,478
Shivian
Aspirant

richud wrote:
shivian: V1's are same, you may need to flash it via tftp or such though if web interface wont let you - if you look back on this thread someone explained how they managed it if I recall.

Awesome thanks. I'll give it a go when I can have a good crack at it and post back. 😄
Message 414 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

mosi 4 havnt checked if vdsl has synced yet just wanted to get up and running got a house full of people that need internet.
i have extracted username and password which actually worked on old dsl line.
ill let you know when i decide to have a fiddle im not an expert on this but ill get it right eventually lol.
Message 415 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

richud have done what you said and the modem is now connected but im not getting any internet the light stays red any suggestions?
Message 416 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

burt: can you please telnet/ssh into it and do 'ps' and look at the line starting /sbin/udhcpc - does it look like the login and password are formatted as above and that they are the same as you entered on the webui I.e. nothing stripped/changed/removed? - and obviously that they are correct!
Can you paste the entire line given from ps (asterisk out password if you wish)?
Just out of interest, what speed are you syncing at?
Message 417 of 1,478
ffxx68
Aspirant

Sorry if too dumb a question, but I've heard the Heartbleed OpenSSL bug could affect routers as well... Any info about this, on our router?
Thanks - Fabio
Message 418 of 1,478
burt35
Aspirant

re richud

hi mate im know expert on telnet how do you do that sorry if im sounding a bit thick lol cheers.

im connected at 10mbs up and just uder 40mbs down.
Message 419 of 1,478
whskerp
Aspirant

richud wrote:

mosi4: please see PM I sent at w/e, cheers.

Hi - I'm expecting to go live on EE Fibre broadband on Tuesday. I believe that it's the usual BT Infinity stuff - VLAN 101, PPPoE etc. The supplied "Brightbox 2" can't even define static routes so I'm definitely hoping to use my DGND3700v1. I've been using your firmware on O2 and its successor Sky ADSL2+ for some time.

Do you have any pointers about overcoming the problem mosi4 had about the ppp connection over the VLAN subinterface?

Thanks
Peter
Message 420 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

hi peter, am waiting to here back from mosi , its simply starting ppp on atm0 not atm0.101 - if manually restarted with correct interface it works. Trying to figure out a workaround for it at the moment. Hopefully it just needs an nvram parameter wan_ifname setting at boot before pppd comes up - am just concerned it resets itself so if line drops and it comes up again it will be on wrong interface. Sadly the scripts controlling this are only provided as executables, so it may involve more hex editing.
Message 421 of 1,478
whskerp
Aspirant

Thanks - I'll let you know next week 🙂
Message 422 of 1,478
whskerp
Aspirant

richud wrote:
hi peter, am waiting to here back from mosi , its simply starting ppp on atm0 not atm0.101 - if manually restarted with correct interface it works. Trying to figure out a workaround for it at the moment. Hopefully it just needs an nvram parameter wan_ifname setting at boot before pppd comes up - am just concerned it resets itself so if line drops and it comes up again it will be on wrong interface.
Sadly the scripts controlling this are only provided as executables, so it may involve more hex editing.

I have:
/usr/sbin # param show | grep wan_ifnam
wan_ifname=pppoa0
wan_ifnames=atm0

So I guess you mean "wan_ifnames"?
Peter
Message 423 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

hi Peter, I dont know what the 's' groups purpose is (look at lan_ifname(s)) , pppoe will have wan_ifname set as atm0 , pppoa will have it pppoa. pppoe pppd -c ppp0 -i atm0.101 -u bthomehub@btbroadband.com -p BT -t 1492 -f 0 -m 003088000004/02 pppoa pppd -c pppoa0 -a 0.0.38 -u xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx -p xxxxxxxx -l -t 1492 -f 0 -k IPoEoATM w/MER (XXXXX = sky login string converted to hex string) udhcpc -i atm0 -x 0x3d:XXXXXXXXXXXXX -p /var/run/udhcpc0.pid -s /tmp/udhcp
Message 424 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Hi,
This is a *test* build because I cannot verify it without people's help!

https://mega.co.nz/#!gZ53mbpR!xuWgbT9Q6qV8gO0-ubHzHx4ahFgd6j8moczwaQmvGU4

It should now be ok on BT Infinity as pppd now works on vlan'd interface.
It should/may work on Sky fibre as can set additional dhcp client options required (such as option 61 clientid)

I also have updated minidlna from a couple of days ago's git.
There are now some hooks in rcS, wan-pre(new addition to fix above) and wan-up. (These are essentially an nvram var that is executed)
Message 425 of 1,478
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7