Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk D7000 - Doesn't Vend IP Addresses

bodhiwan
Aspirant

Nighthawk D7000 - Doesn't Vend IP Addresses

Brand new router, connected to Century Link, both 2.4 and 5 networks setup as well as Guest Networks on both.

After a day or two, IP Addresses are no longer aquired by devices. This is in a small business environment where many people note the same issue. On iOS devices it shows as "No Internet Connection." For the first day or two it works. To get it to work, you must reset the device.

Hard-wired devices get an IP address just fine (192.168.0.X). 

You can force it to work on a device by manually entering an IP address in the 192.168.0.X range (something high so as not to conflict). 

Netgear already replaced one router. I assumed it was a fluke hardware. Nope, replacement router does the same thing.

Anyone know a good firmware to downgrade to? I'm running 1.0.1.44_1.0.1. Some other threads indicate that maybe 1.0.1.32 was a good era on the firmware front… 

Other suggestions?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

How many wireless devices are we talking about?  AFAIK, most Netgear routers are limited to 32 devices for 2.4 GHz and another 32 devices for 5 GHz.  You may be running into those limits in a business environment.

Message 2 of 3
bodhiwan
Aspirant

I've never seen more than 20 devices total. right now for example, I have 14 and my iPhone and iPad won't get an IP. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7