Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S D7800 - Login Issue + Connecting a USB Cable to a Printer

JohnCodrington
Initiate

Nighthawk X4S D7800 - Login Issue + Connecting a USB Cable to a Printer

Hi everyone, I am a computer dunce , I have had the Modem for several years, and have forgotten the login User name and Password. These were changed from the generic one provided on the back of the device and the test questions I dont have the answers for (my daughter set the device up originally & she can't remember the answers either). Is there anyway of recovering the login or will I have to do a factory reset and re-enter all the information. The only reason for this that the ethernet socket on my Fuji Xerox printer ethernet plug has failed (nost likely a circuit board) which is connected through the router, however the USB Cable Port is able to be used, so I want to connect the the printer to the USB port on the Router, so any assistance in correct procedure and settings will be gratefully appreciated. KInd regards, John C

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnCodrington
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 - Login Issue + Connecting a USB Cable to a Printer

Fortunately, I did not have to go to that extent. Solution worked extremely well and did not experience any issues I had anticipated.  I downloaded the Netgear USB Control Centre software and installed on the computer I use that is connected to the  Nighthawk Router.  Fortunately Fuji Films had updated their Drivers for my Fuji Xerox  Docuprint  CM 305 df scanner/printer MFD when they took over from Fuji Xerox. Reinstalled the new replacement driver using the USB Control Centre as the conduit through the router and the system connected to the printer and scanner so I again now have full functionality. It would appear that the Ethernet socket in the printer (or the card) has failed and the cost to replace will be more than the MFD is worth, so hoping that the USB printer cable will continue to provide a few extra years of use with the MFD before having to invest in a new one. During the USB Control Centre software installation process I did have to reboot both the computer and the router a couple of times before the Netgear USB Control Centre connected. Turned out to be a fairly simple process with easy to follow instructions. 🤞🤞. Being this time of the year I wish everyone a safe festive season and a prosperous 2024.🎁

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@JohnCodrington wrote:

Is there anyway of recovering the login or will I have to do a factory reset and re-enter all the information.

No. The clue is in the forgotten answers. That is what they are for. No answers = no recovery.

....the USB Cable Port is able to be used, so I want to connect the the printer to the USB port on the Router

I can't remember if you need to get into the graphical user interface (GUI) to install a printer. Try it before going that far.

Have you read the relevant bit of the manual?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

When a setting up a printer for network use, it is usually down to using a software network utility from the printer maker. Sadly, some brands are not as good as they might be.

Message 2 of 3
JohnCodrington
Initiate

Fortunately, I did not have to go to that extent. Solution worked extremely well and did not experience any issues I had anticipated.  I downloaded the Netgear USB Control Centre software and installed on the computer I use that is connected to the  Nighthawk Router.  Fortunately Fuji Films had updated their Drivers for my Fuji Xerox  Docuprint  CM 305 df scanner/printer MFD when they took over from Fuji Xerox. Reinstalled the new replacement driver using the USB Control Centre as the conduit through the router and the system connected to the printer and scanner so I again now have full functionality. It would appear that the Ethernet socket in the printer (or the card) has failed and the cost to replace will be more than the MFD is worth, so hoping that the USB printer cable will continue to provide a few extra years of use with the MFD before having to invest in a new one. During the USB Control Centre software installation process I did have to reboot both the computer and the router a couple of times before the Netgear USB Control Centre connected. Turned out to be a fairly simple process with easy to follow instructions. 🤞🤞. Being this time of the year I wish everyone a safe festive season and a prosperous 2024.🎁

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7