Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Porting v3 (NG GENIE) FW on DGND3700v1

LuKePicci1
Aspirant

There isn't. This consist in a mod that not concern the pure porting activity.
You could try to ask richud for inadyn binaries, then configure a script to do it quickly by telnet.

Maybe in future release I will build into firmware a link to a custom script that could be added into storage partition for who want to automate some tasks at startup. May also be useful for setting it into bridge mode at startup (assuming you could do this by command line).

@_AC_ : Did you mean wifi bridge? or what else?
Message 151 of 217
_AC
Aspirant
Aspirant

PPPoE Passthrough. I'll just quote what w3wilkes told me in another thread as he explained it very well.
w3wilkes wrote:
I do not believe that this firmware supports this. Do you mean "transparent bridge mode" where you would have another downstream router and the DGND3700 would become "invisible". By "invisible" I mean that all your DSL login info would be entered into the other router as though it were the DSL connected device? I would actually see this as a waste of the capabilities that this device has, especially with this firmware.
I know it's unlikely but one can hope.
Message 152 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

Unfortunately I have no experience with this kinf of configuration so I can't help you. Anyway I'm very courious about this. I know there is a mode in the router that allow the device to connect to a bridged connection from ISP (RJ-11 line!). How will you configure the other router to connect through PPPoE line entering in DGND3700? Why do you need to enter ISP credential on the other device?
I could help you using the other router as a pure router (i.e. no modem functionality) if it has an ethernet WAN port.
Let me better understand your needings if you'd like.
Message 153 of 217
_AC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nah, that'll be okay. I already have it all up and running, but in a double-NAT scenario. I was just asking to see if it was possible so I could try and remove that.

The best I could do was place the secondary router in DGND3700's DMZ and have everything go through the 2nd router. Works fine so far but makes inbound QoS annoying to shape. Thanks for the replies, regardless.
Message 154 of 217
TCHAMMER
Tutor

Netgear Release a New Firmware Version 3.0.0.10

DGND3800B-V3.0.0.10_3.0.10.zip

Release Notes:

DGND3800B Firmware Version 3.0.0.10 (German Users Only)

New Features

Adds check mechanism to prevent the board with new flash downgrade old firmware
Known Issues

IPv6 Pass through mode doesn't work.

I dont Know why Netgear add this mechanism. If this Firmware have bugs you can´t go Back anymore and that make no sense i think.
Message 155 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

I will check as soon as possible (I have no time at the moment).
Anyway I will do a compare firstly to find other useful modifications in this update. If I don't find any, I will probably not port this update.

Thank you for notification.
Message 156 of 217
_AC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello again, I would like the password for this firmware. Turns out it does support what I'd been looking for. I just never read through this thread...
Message 157 of 217
_AC
Aspirant
Aspirant

EDIT: Nevermind. I misinterpreted a screenshot.
Message 158 of 217
Buckchoi
Guide

A new firmware version 3.0.0.12 is available.

New Features
Added DDNS NETGEAR and No-IP support.

Bug Fixes
Fixed GUI security hole issue.
Fixed the bug that desktop genie cannot login in when UPnP IGD is disable.

Known issue
IPv6 Pass through mode doesn't work.
Message 159 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

Good news, expecially after dyn free service termination announcement. I'm going to check that this week. As usual, thank you for letting me know.
Message 160 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

Godd evening guys, I syccessfully compiled the new fw based on v3.0.0.12. Since NG introduced some downgrade prevention checking (not tested, I don't know if it actually works), I think that this image needs to be deeply tested before releasing it. Unfortunatly I have no much time this week to test all features, so if some of you would like to help me I will send him the image for testing. Let me know.
Message 161 of 217
whitehed
Aspirant

I would love to test it!!!
Message 162 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

TEST_04161937 - 3700v1, fw 3.0.0.1 from 3800B, w/ 1.0.0.20beta AnnexA(+M) xDSL driver

3700v1, fw 3.0.0.12 from 3800B, AnnexA(+M) driver from 3700v1 .20 BETA

Changes from TEST_10131855:

- all changes Netgear officially reported for v3.0.0.10 & v3.0.0.12 fw
- new language tables (v3.0.0.12)

As you can read from netgear pages, a new check has been implemented that should prevent fw downgrading (I actually didn't try to downgrade but I'm assuming it as functional). I think it is a good thing since we have seen what kind of problems a downgrade could bring. Given that reason, I decided to take more time for testing before releasing this image.

I've been testing this new firmware for two weeks on my 3800B and it has never stopped working properly. The media sharing stuff has been tested by dyzio1972 (thx) who also sent me a good feedback about that. Remember to download new language tables choosing a different language from the menu, and then select again your preferred language (advanced home shows your current lang. table version, should be 3.0.0.12 after updating).

You can flash this firmware by webui (downgrading shold be prevented by new
netgear restrictions; serial flashing obviously not affected).
Some users had problems upgrading from / downgrading to richud's firmware,
occurring mostly before a full reset.
If you have problems with english UI language (ie. non english UI while english
lang selected) after downgrading read w3wilkes post #111.

Do a factory reset after flashing, unless you previously did it while running
v3 fw and all is still working as before.

I must repeat that I CAN'T TEST some features (no VDSL, ipv6, annexM,
annexB in my country), but other people in this thread tested previous versions
successfully.

To keep the file secured from standard users I protected it with a password.
If you really want to try it and you have enough experience to understand me
and other users help in case of critical issues, then send me a pm and I'll
give you the password.

(password schema is always the same for all my images, if you don't
understand what I mean, send me a pm as said before)

DGND3700_TEST_04161937_A_D
Message 163 of 217
whitehed
Aspirant

Re: TEST_04161937 - 3700v1, fw 3.0.0.1 from 3800B, w/ 1.0.0.20beta AnnexA(+M) xDSL dr

I can confirm everything is working flawlessly...
thanks a lot LuKePicci!!!!!!!!
Message 164 of 217
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Everything flawless here too.

Buona A Luke 🙂
Message 165 of 217

Hi All,

I'm having problems setting up DDNS using the netgear registration with this firmware. Not sure if its supported cos its a legacy product. If I try sign up within the user interface using NETGEAR as an option and select register, I receive the following error:

Unable to complete the job, reason: Invalid email or password

Any clues?
Message 166 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

I've not tested Netgear DDNS service, but I'm currently using no-ip with satisfaction. Netgear DDNS is also powered by no-ip, so I suggest you to use this one. Anyway I'll do some investigation on Netgear service also.
Message 167 of 217
whitehed
Aspirant

Is anyone has problem to enable telnet with the new firmware?
Message 168 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

I'm also having telnet connection issue. It seems that telnet service is no more listening. If we could not find a solution (maybe Netgear support could explain us the situation) I'll add telnetd in the next release.
Message 169 of 217
whitehed
Aspirant

LuKePicci wrote:
I'll add telnetd in the next release.

Ok, that will be perfect:)
Message 170 of 217
whitehed
Aspirant

Today i also found out that ddns stopped to work thought ''mynetgear'' provider as one friend written before...the strange thing is that it worked for some days!!!Last update for my ip was 12 of May...
I know that the ddns service is provided by noip so i just changed the provider through the menu with
the same log-in and it worked straight away!!!
Message 171 of 217
oezel
Aspirant

If this the wrong question and the wrong forum, please forgive me. I live in Turkey and at the moment I am in Germany. I want to buy a DGND 3800B. I am really confused with all that I 've been reading and as a matter of fact I am not so good at this subject.
The question is:

Can I buy this product and use it in Turkey? (TürkTelekom)
I appreciate any information.
Thank you.
Message 172 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

DGND3800B won't work in turkey unless you'll mod the router with an unofficial Annex A image (not published in this thread). This will void any warranty, unless you will be able to reflash original stock FW.
Message 173 of 217
Totix92
Aspirant

telnet to the latest firmware has been blocked as well as the other models in the latest firmware, in order to unlock it, just enter the line param September telnetd_enable = 1 in the profile file in the directory / etc /
Message 174 of 217
LuKePicci1
Aspirant

Thank you, I had no time to investigate that, now it will take me no time enabling it and releasing a new image with telnet enabled,
Message 175 of 217
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7