Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 factory reset and asking to "sign into wi-fi"

Zakinchi
Follower

RAX200 factory reset and asking to "sign into wi-fi"

I factory reset my router since it wouldn't take my admin password that I made for it. The reason I was trying to access it was because I was having terrible issues connecting to the router ( staying connected and being able to do things ). Now, when I try to re-setup it's asking for "Sign in to Wifi". I've already entered the password that came with it and when I click to sign in it just gives me an error page. I've already restarted the router and modem several times. 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 factory reset and asking to "sign into wi-fi"

Many times when people factory reset, they don't hold the reset button long enough. make sure you hold it until the lights change. (shouldn't be >30 seconds). 

An easy way around the wifi issue would be to hardwire into the router to proceed with the setup. It won't ask wifi password and will just require the gui login info. From here you can setup the router and change ssid/password.

A potential fix with your "terrible connection issue" would be to turn of AX. many devices have been issues connecting with AX. And there isn't that many devices that currently use the AX spec so turning it off while firmwares are update and devices (cell phones/tablets/etc) get updated isn't a horrible option. You still retain the concurrent wireless usage so you're speeds should still be pretty great. 

What firmware are you on?

Modem you're connected to? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7