Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Time restrict one MAC address?

rockingit
Novice

Time restrict one MAC address?

Hi, first time post so if I'm in the wrong place then apologies and mods please move me!

I have a D6200 and I want to be able to put a time restriction just on one MAC address - as opposed to using web filtering on parental controls - how can I do this? I've had a look through the parental settings and they just seem to be generic web filtering rather than local device specific?

(otherwise known as...... how can I restrict the time on line of my sons X-Box so it doesn't screw up my traffic stats with our ISP and we get randomly throttled because of it?! :eek: )

Many thanks!

Message 1 of 4
rockingit
Novice

rockingit wrote:
Hi, first time post so if I'm in the wrong place then apologies and mods please move me!

I have a D6200 and I want to be able to put a time restriction just on one MAC address - as opposed to using web filtering on parental controls - how can I do this? I've had a look through the parental settings and they just seem to be generic web filtering rather than local device specific?

(otherwise known as...... how can I restrict the time on line of my sons X-Box so it doesn't screw up my traffic stats with our ISP and we get randomly throttled because of it?! :eek: )

Many thanks!

Shameless bump! Anyone??
Message 2 of 4
WN3173
Aspirant

First timer myself, just purchased a D6200...
I just signed up to this forum to see if I could this exact thing. My old modem/router (different brand) had this function through MAC access control rules but obviously netgear is limited and lacking in such functionality.
Message 3 of 4
Fairytail
Virtuoso

You can try LPC for that.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements