Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VDSL DM200

KTrain
Follower

VDSL DM200

Internet in our neighborhood (CenturyLink DSL) is bad and is not helped by our being almost at the theoretical maximum length for a DSL connection, but I want to comb through my router's configuration to see if there is anyting I can do to improve our speeds.  Any suggestion will be gratefully suggested.  My router is running firmware version V1.0.0.66 and I use the Google DNS servers.  Thank you, Ken Traynham

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: VDSL DM200

You're kind of at the mercy of your dsl provider. 

If you're getting the max speeds you can, about all you can do is optimize a few things that might load. 

You could try adblocking and something like pi-hole to reduce any extra data that might get loaded with each page. 

Its not going to help streaming a whole lot but might help out a little bit on standard surfing.

there are a few browser add ons or even different browsers that have data saver features. Opera used to offer data saver. And I know google had a lite version but I think that might have been removed/canceled. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: VDSL DM200

@KTrain wrote:

.... I want to comb through my router's configuration to see if there is anyting I can do to improve our speeds. 

Are you using the DM200 as a modem/router of just the modem?

As @plemans says, there's not a lot that you can do to squeeze more speed out of the connection, but you may be able to use a somewhat superior router to manage local traffic more effectively.

As it stands, the DM200 is pretty basic on the router front.

What speed do you get from your ISP?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7