Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WHICH INTERNER BROWSERS ARE SUPPORTED BY NETGEAR GENIE?

JWPATE
Aspirant

WHICH INTERNER BROWSERS ARE SUPPORTED BY NETGEAR GENIE?

I have the DM200 NETGEAR modem on order, and have been looking through the setup instructions online.

The question I have is with regard to using my MAC PRO and apple SAFARI browser during initial setup and then setting up the unit for modem-only operation (bridge mode).  In most every procedure I see in the online manual, the instructions call for "launch a web browser from a computer that is attached to the network".  That sounds like Safari should handle the job just fine.

But then, for example, in the procedure for password recovery (should that ever be needed), I find a note advising that "the password recovery process is NOT supported if using the SAFARI browser. This causes me to wonder whether the genie is actually designed to work best on a Windows system........and perhaps I am setting myself up for unknown problems by adding it to my MAC system.

Any advise would be appreciated, for it may just be best to return the unit unopened and look for a more compatable modem.

Thanks,

JWPATE

Message 1 of 4
netwrks
Master

Re: WHICH INTERNER BROWSERS ARE SUPPORTED BY NETGEAR GENIE?

Chrome works fine..

Message 2 of 4
JWPATE
Aspirant

OK, thanks, and I will keep that in mind.  However I don't use chrome and probably will not start to.

I do have Windows 7 loaded in the Bootcamp on my Mac Pro.  I can use that easier than loading/learning Chrome.

Would rather find a good quality modum only unit which is compatable with Safari.

Message 3 of 4
JWPATE
Aspirant

Ah well, the NETGEAR modem arrived, and I attempetd without success to configure it.  Did finally spend a few hours on the phone with GETGEAR and CENTURYLINK technical support reps. But after it all, was never able to configure the modem to the DSL signal from CENTURYLINK.  I will look for another brand modem, and probably try ZYXEL next.

So, I suppose this is my sign-off from the NETGEAR COMMUNITY, and I send best wishes to all of you.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7