Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Where can i adjust the Transmit Power?

Tinderbox_UK
Aspirant

Where can i adjust the Transmit Power?

Anybody know where i can adjust the transmit power, i cannot find it and i have read the use manual, i must be missing it somewhere.

Thanks

John.
Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Where can i adjust the Transmit Power?

if available I would expect to find it under advanced setup wireless
Message 2 of 9
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I have seen no capability to adjust xmit power on theDGND3700v1 in either the 2.4 or 5Mhz bands, can't speak to the v2. I also didn't see this ability in the DGND3800b settings either.
Message 3 of 9
Tinderbox_UK
Aspirant

Thanks guy`s i have been able to find anything either, i normally turn the power down on all the routers i have had, as my notebook is quite close to the router, this has been the first router i have not been able to adjust the transmit power 😞

John.
Message 4 of 9
lechero
Aspirant

Can be done with the CLI, accesed via serial or telnet.

command example for adjustin to 10 dB the 2.4GHz radio

wlctl -i wl0 txpwr 10

for the 5GHz radio

wlctl -i wl1 txpwr 10

might be this can be done via http with some hacking
Message 5 of 9
richud
Apprentice

I fiddled with that some time ago and it never seemed to actually 'do' anything physically - turn power to almost 0 and signal strength didn't change (actually just had a PM chat with someone about it who had same) - does it do anything for you? Tried fiddling with country codes ? [I didn't spend much time looking at it tbh]
I will change http if you can figure out anything worth doing.
Message 6 of 9
MarkNOklahoma
Aspirant

Maybe not power, but other adjustments that might help.

I have just chatted with Lyn in Customer Support about this issue, and here are the instructions she gave me, cut and paste:

Please go to* *http://www.routerlogin.com*on your browser and type in the default username and password which is [admin] and [password].
Click on Wireless, change the 2.4GHz channel to 01 and the 5GHz to the highest one and click on Apply.
Click on Advanced, then Advanced Setup, then Wireless Settings. Change the CTS/RTS and Fragmentation Length to 2304 for both networks and click on Apply
For now, please observe your connection for about a day and log back in to chat to update us about this case.

I will now test the coverage areas and see if my signal improves. I read in a previous thread about taking the channel designation out of "auto" but have not seen the "2304" adjustments discussed. Customer chat is very responsive, especially if you tell them you already know about placement, polarity and signal attenuation. I just asked for tips or tricks on how to improve my signal strength. I hope this works for me and for anyone else wondering what to do.
Message 7 of 9
MarkNOklahoma
Aspirant

lechero wrote:
Can be done with the CLI, accesed via serial or telnet.

Please forgive me, but I don't understand your abbreviations and instructions. What is CLI? How can I access via serial or telnet? I'm not educated in this area. Thanks.
Message 8 of 9
richud
Apprentice

FYI the nvram parameters for 2 and 5 ghz are wlg_rts=2347 wlg_frag=2346 wla_rts=2347 wla_frag=2346
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series