Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi router not transmitting - Model: DGN2200v4

deejay_177
Aspirant

WiFi router not transmitting - Model: DGN2200v4

Hi,

I mainly use this router to access the internet on my PC, which has a cabled connection to the router.  This continues to work fine, and provides reliable access to the internet.  I was also able to access the internet on my laptop, via WiFi transmitted from the router, when I initially set it up (purchased Dec 2016 - 6 weeks ago).  I can now connect to the router via WiFi but with "no internet". 

Can anyone suggest a reason why the router might stop transmitting WiFi?  I have not touched any settings or security since I installed it 6 weeks ago, and it was working fine then.  Is this a known hardware fault with this model? 

I have searched the trouble shooting database and tried any relevent suggestions.

I have tried switching the WiFi button off and on.

I have tested different frequency ranges and channel numbers.

I have tried with and without security.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
deejay_177
Aspirant

Re: WiFi router not transmitting

Hi Darren,

It took a few attempts to reconnect to the internet after the reset, but WiFi appears to be working again now.  Seems to drop out occasionally and may need a power off-power on, but more or less OK now.

thanks

David

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
deejay_177
Aspirant

The router is a Netgear DGN2200v4

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello deejay_177

Have you tried to factory reset the modem?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
deejay_177
Aspirant

Hi Darren,

It took a few attempts to reconnect to the internet after the reset, but WiFi appears to be working again now.  Seems to drop out occasionally and may need a power off-power on, but more or less OK now.

thanks

David

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7