Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

log out of all devices on modem

MacSmiths
Aspirant

log out of all devices on modem

I have just changed our password into our modem and the devices are all still logged in.  I would like to log out of all devices.  Where is the setting for this?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: log out of all devices on modem

What modem do you have? 

Changing the password to strickly a modem only changes logging into it. If you're running a modem/router combo device, it still does the same. Or if you're running a mobile router (forum you posted in). 

Please help us out with more info. 

What modem are you running? 

Why are you wanting to log out all devices? Maybe we can help you figure out whats going on if you provide us more info

Message 2 of 4
MacSmiths
Aspirant

Thank you for responding.  The modem we are using is a Netgear D7000.  We run a small tire shop in NZ and we run two modems as the property is quite large.  One of the modems is the Netgear one and I have logged in and checked under Connected Devices.  There is an ever changing list of devices connected but I cannot click on each device and disconnect or see anymore details about that device.  We have had some terrible times with hacking from ex girlfriends and I want to monitor who has access to our wifi as we have a lot of people coming and going. So first I want to log out of all connected devices. Then change the password.  I have changed the password already but the devices still remain in the list.  I hope this is enough information?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@MacSmiths wrote:

Thank you for responding.  The modem we are using is a Netgear D7000.  We run a small tire shop in NZ and we run two modems as the property is quite large.  One of the modems is the Netgear one and I have logged in and checked under Connected Devices.  There is an ever changing list of devices connected but I cannot click on each device and disconnect or see anymore details about that device.  We have had some terrible times with hacking from ex girlfriends and I want to monitor who has access to our wifi as we have a lot of people coming and going. So first I want to log out of all connected devices. Then change the password.  I have changed the password already but the devices still remain in the list.  I hope this is enough information?

You changed the log in password to the router or the login password to the wifi? 

Change the wifi password and reboot the router. It won't allow devices to reconnect. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7