Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6300 Cannot Access Admin Page

Martenf
Star

D6300 Cannot Access Admin Page

I have the D6300 modem router and have been having a number of problems with it since the update to the latest firmware (V1.0.0.96_1.1.96).

Essentially, the device works fine with connecting to the internet etc but I am unable to change the configuration because when I first go to the D6300 page, it appears to be fine but selecting anything causes it to hang. After this, I cannot open the initial page as it reports it cannot be found.

This has been happening more recently and the only way to get it working again is to turn it off and back on again but even then, the same thing will happen if I try to change anything.

I have tried a number of things including going back to the previous firmware (when I was lucky enough to get to that option) and resetting to factory defaults,

This is very frustrating because there are some configuration changes I wish to make with the device.

Model: D6300|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Which address are you using to connect?

Numeric or http://routerlogin.com?

Have you tried a different browser?

Message 2 of 5
Martenf
Star

I have tried both the IP address and the http://routerlogin.com/.

i have also tried it from different browsers and operating systems such as Safari, Chrome and Edge. as well as from an iPad.

The only time I have been able to change anything is after a factory reset and on a rare occasion when it has not locked up for a short time.

Message 3 of 5

Which anti-virus software do you run?

Does this seem familiar?

CAUSE FOUND, being unable to log into router after... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 5
Martenf
Star

I tested this in Windows 10 with the built in AV software and on a Mac running Intego Internet Security SW. 

I have also tested this from an iPad (no AV SW). Same results no matter which OS, browser or device.

In the last test I managed to get a couple of levels in before it locked up again.

After it locks up, as mentioned before, I cannot open the interface from a browser. In Netgear Genie it lets me see some items but if I go to Router Settings, it will not work and states "Netgear router is not found or is not supported.....". I get the same response from Genie on an iPad.  I need to reboot to get it to work again

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7