Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200 Peer Name Resolution Protocol

mpeill
Aspirant

DGN2200 Peer Name Resolution Protocol

Can someone advise whether the wireless modem DGN2200 supports Peer Name Resolution Protocol, and if so, how to enable this.
I'm trying to use Windows Remote Assistance, have tried 3 computers, both Windows 7 and 8, and all fail with the same error. The router is the only common hardware unit.
Message 1 of 8
WizardJ
Luminary

Re: DGN2200 Peer Name Resolution Protocol

PNRP requires IPv6, which I'm not sure if this modemrouter fully supports. Perhaps someone could elaborate on this?

Make sure to enable multicasting. Log in to http://www.routerlogin.com/ (username is admin, password is password). Go to Advanced -> Setup -> WAN Setup and uncheck Disable IGMP Proxying. Click Apply and wait for the page to return. Try Remote Assistance now. Same error?
Message 2 of 8
mpeill
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I have Advanced / WAN Setup (without the "setup" you're suggesting)
In WAN Setup, I do not have an IGMP entry, only:

Enable PPPoE Relay
Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection
Default DMZ Server
Respond to Ping on Internet Port
MTU Size(in bytes)
NAT Filtering
Disable SIP ALG

All of these are unchecked.
Message 3 of 8
WizardJ
Luminary

mpeill wrote:
I have Advanced / WAN Setup (without the "setup" you're suggesting)

My mistake. That means you are running the old UI, Smart Wizard. It may well be that your modemrouter doesn't support what I was referring to. Do you know what hardware version it is that you have? Look at the bottom of the modemrouter where the model name is stated. Does it just say DGN2200, or something more, like DGN2200v3?
Message 4 of 8
mpeill
Aspirant

Hmmm, not looking good ... The router just says DGN2200 printed on the label. I did flash the firmware to the latest offering of V1.0.0.46_7.0.44 but that didn't help.
Message 5 of 8
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Peer Name Resolution Protocol supports IPv6 connection which DGN2200 does not support since the modem is quiet an old version.
Message 6 of 8
mpeill
Aspirant

Ok folks, thanks for the advice. Guess I'll have to head for a new router.
Message 7 of 8
WizardJ
Luminary

minions08 wrote:
which DGN2200 does not support since the modem is quiet an old version.

That's just what I was trying to conclude. Thanks for making that clear.

And good luck to you, mpeill. 🙂
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7