Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700v2 Firware upload fails

neil_townsend
Aspirant

DGND3700v2 Firware upload fails

Now here's a fun one on the DGND3700v2. When I had it running as an aDSL modem-router, or just as a router, I could upload new firmware just fine.

But when I run it a a PPPoE and router device, when I try and upload new firmware the upload doesn't quite complete, the router reboots, but doesn't install the new firmware.

Any ideas out there?

Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DGND3700v2 Firware upload fails

Hello neil_townsend

what FW are you using and which FW is are you trying to upgrade to? 

Are you upgrading manually through the Router Upgrade option in the GUI which involves downloading the FW from our download page?

are you performing the upgrade with a wired or wireless connection?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
neil_townsend
Aspirant

Hi @DarrenM,

The base firmware is 1.1.00.26, which I think is the latest verison. I'm upgrading through the Web page firmware upgrade option:

• The firmware is on my PC
  • I connect to the router (wired connection)
  • I go to the firmware upgrade web page on the router, select the file and click the button.
  • The upload appears to stall aroun 98% (according the Chrome, the exact number vaires).
  • The router reboots, buit without the flashing green light stage, and it is still using the old firmware,

As I say, this only happens when the DGND3700v2 has WAN connection connected to a modem and is running PPPoE. IF there are no external connections, or and ADSL conntecion, all is fine.

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello neil_townsend

It looks like it could be a issue on the Wan side of the modem and you may want to contact our support to troubleshoot this more with you.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
neil_townsend
Aspirant

Hi @DarrenM,

Thanks for getting back to me - interesting that you think it is a issue. I went to the link you suggest and it appears that my only options are to request for paid support. Is that what you are suggesting?

Thanks,

Message 5 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello neil_towsend 

I have sent you a PM.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 7
neil_townsend
Aspirant

For anyone else who has this issue, @DarrenM did escalate this to the relevant Netgear internal team but I haven't heard anything from them. It is clearly reproducable: with the PPPoE connectin live the update doesn't happen (the firmware remain working, unchanged), with the PPPoE connection disconnected all is fine.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series