Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DM200 - Australia NBN - ROC & SOS Support

BITS-Stuart
Follower

DM200 - Australia NBN - ROC & SOS Support

Recently we were advised by Australian NBN Co. that in a couple of months (end of September) they're rolling out FTTN (Fibre to the Node) changes that will require the sync'ing modem to support ROC and SOS. A lot of vendors have been caught off-guard and are scrambling to have firmware ready in time for the release, but I can't find any information about Netgear products supporting ROC and SOS.

Here is the post from Australian NBN Co:

nbn Project RMID0914

Additional VDSL2
Features Consultation

Consultation on the introduction of additional VDSL2 features to the nbn™ FTTN and FTTB access networks. The proposed features are Save Our Showtime (SOS) and Robust Overhead Channel (ROC), which are expected to improve network performance resilience of services by reducing loss of service (resyncs) due to sudden large increases in noise.

Does anyone have any idea as to whether DM200's support ROC and SOS, or if not, whether Netgear intend on releasing firmware to support this (if that's even possible with the chipsets in the DM200)?
Model: DM200|Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem
Message 1 of 2

Re: DM200 - Australia NBN - ROC & SOS Support

I own a DM200 and can't recall seeing a definitive answers to if it will work on particular flavours of NBN. (NBN is such a mixture of technologies that it doesn't seem to be possible to come up with a one-size-fits-all answer.)

That's probably why there aren't that many "NBN answers" around here, just a whole bunch of questions.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – NBN DM200

Did you find this?

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

When it comes to the official specs, the place to start is with the manual, but you may have to decipher the standards bit.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

If you haven't found it already, a good local source is Whirlpool Forums

@BITS-Stuart wrote:...if not, whether Netgear intend on releasing firmware to support this (if that's even possible with the chipsets in the DM200)?

I wouldn't hold my breath. Netgear seems to be getting out of the DSL modems business. The DM200 vanished from the retail and online shelves a year or so ago. (I had to buy "open box" when I wanted a second  modem.)

And from past experience, Netgear's official minders here aren't likely to know much about that sort of thing.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7