Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RFI caused by DM111P-100AUS modem

ColR
Aspirant

RFI caused by DM111P-100AUS modem

I have a N600 modem router that worked fine. Then we suddenly got rfi on the am radio and the internet dropping out every night around the same time. Turn the modem off and rfi disappeared. Bought a new modem today, DM111P-100AUS, thinking the rfi problem would go away. It is just as bad.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ColR
Aspirant

Re: RFI caused by DM111P-100AUS modem

With a bit of lateral thinking, I checked my connection to the phone line. I had the modem connected through my power board, which had ports to protect the modem from lightning. Put the connection straight through and problem solved. Thanks for the input.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Colr

have you tried adjusting the wireless channels on the modem?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
ColR
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM

As this is not a wireless modem, it is a bit hard to do that. It is an ADSL2+ modem connected to an R7000 WiFi router. The router is causing no problems, turn the modem off and RFI goes away.

ColR

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ColR

This is a odd issue since the modem is not sending out the radio waves I would contact Netgear support if the modem is still under warranty.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
ColR
Aspirant

With a bit of lateral thinking, I checked my connection to the phone line. I had the modem connected through my power board, which had ports to protect the modem from lightning. Put the connection straight through and problem solved. Thanks for the input.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7