Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless printing on Mac with DGN2200 & Deskjet 1660

siwithington
Aspirant

Wireless printing on Mac with DGN2200 & Deskjet 1660

Hi

I have a N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router DGN2200 v3. I want to enable wireless USB printing by connecting my HP Deskjet 1660 to the router's USB port.

I have followed the instructions on the Netgear site and have installed the USB Control Centre. However, the printer is not showing in the control centre window for me to connect to it - all the buttons are greyed out too as there are no devices shown to select.

I have also looked in the Netgear config settings under USB settings and the device is not shown under Approved Devices for me to 'approve' it. I do not have 'Allow Only Approved Devices' checked anyway, but thought I would check here.

If I connect an external hard drive to the USB port on the router, then this shows up in the config settings for me to approve, so it suggests that the USB port etc is working fine.

Can anyone offer any advice as to how I can get the router to 'find' my printer so that I can enable wireless printing through the router's USB port.

I am on a Mac, OSX Mavericks.

Many thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
siwithington
Aspirant

Re: Wireless printing on Mac with DGN2200 & Deskjet 1660

Can anyone please help? Thanks.
Message 2 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Not all printer on the market will be 100% to work.

I would contact support via portal at my.netgear.com and consult if printer is compatible
Message 3 of 4
msharm
Aspirant

Hi,

I suspect that the problem is that, despite the fact that the manual I have for the DGN2200v3 ( DGN2200v3_UM_2Oct12.pdf ) says that the DGN2200v3 supports readyshare printing, in fact it does not!

I would love to have this clarified by someone knowledgeable here. Either a straight no (followed by why is this manual wrong) or a pleasantly surprising yes (followed by a how-to).

I have much the same problem: similar mac setup, with DGN2200v3 which -- despite doing all the right things, installing printer drivers and USB control centre, removing all firewalls -- absolutely does not see the printer.

Also hoping for a reply,
Mark
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7