× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My 6400v2 lost wi-fi last night after an accidental reboot

ckbeme
Aspirant

My 6400v2 lost wi-fi last night after an accidental reboot

about 2 months ago my 2 computers in the house were inconsistent about connecting on the network. Also sometimes the PC's weren't even visible on the network. Now, this no wi-fi thing is a real pain since I have a Firestick, Roku, my Comcast Cable, a laptop, cell phone & tablet that all need wi-fi.

What happened is I was straightening cables under my desk and the Cable modem got disconnected from power. So I decided to go ahead and do what user manual says - I did a full reboot on Cable Modem and my Router. Router came back up and put me thru security, had me enter user name and password from Router label, then make a new password.

During setup, I decided to say YES and let the Router guide me thru setup. When it came to wi-fi, it said, Do you want to retain your previous wi-fi settings?  I said YES. 

All WiFi settings are the same, I verified the IP address and ISP #'s, I'm on Ethernet so I'm fine.  I don't have WPS enabled, so haven't tried that. I don't like WPS - big security hole in my mind. But I checked and the SSID's  are setup same as before, and I looked on my Cell phone and neither SSID is shown. I am broadcasting SSID.

This would happen 1 Friggin week after warranty ran out. I paid $130 for this thing because my R6100 wasn't enough to handle me adding the Firestick and Roku.

Any ideas people. I'm desperate!! I just spend $700 last month on my dog and my car, so I don't have any spare change lying around to throw at another router.

Thanks for any help. Sending the Main Screen print that shows wi-fi status

Model: R6400v2|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router—802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: My 6400v2 lost wi-fi last night after an accidental reboot

Hi @ckbemem

Welcome to the community!

1. To confirm, make sure the "Enable SSID Broadcast" box is checked.

2. Also, make sure that the wireless router radio is checked under Advanced > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings.

3. You can also check the WiFi ON/OFF button on the unit itself as described on page 11 of the user manual on this link.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ckbemem

Welcome to the community!

1. To confirm, make sure the "Enable SSID Broadcast" box is checked.

2. Also, make sure that the wireless router radio is checked under Advanced > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings.

3. You can also check the WiFi ON/OFF button on the unit itself as described on page 11 of the user manual on this link.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ckbemem

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7