× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N450 Allow / Deny List Access Reversed

NGearUser
Aspirant

N450 Allow / Deny List Access Reversed

Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router

We have used access control for years and have a list of allowed devices. As of today when I click Allow it blocks those in the list below. If I click Deny it allows those in the list below to connect. Is this a firware bug? Why is this reversed?

Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: N450 Allow / Deny List Access Reversed

@NGearUser wrote:

Is this a firware bug? Why is this reversed?

Any firmware changes have come from your Internet service provider. Neither you nor Netgear can do anything about firmware on a cable modem.

What’s the latest firmware version of my NETGEAR cable modem or modem router? | Answer | NETGEAR Sup...

If your firmware is outdated, you cannot manually upgrade your cable modem’s or modem router’s firmware. You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to upgrade your firmware.

So any reversal isn't likely to be firmware.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7