× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Optimize R6400 for Streaming Video

DD88
Follower

Optimize R6400 for Streaming Video

The R6400 manual says that if I optmize my router for say, Netflix, that my regular internet surfing will suffer.  Does that mean internet surfing while watching streaming video, or at any time with optimizing turned on?  Thanks for your answers.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Optimize R6400 for Streaming Video

Hi @DD88,

Welcome to the community!

Nowadays, there are a lot of things that we do on the Internet. You have your web surfing, online gaming, video streaming, etc. and doing these things all at the same time may cause traffic on your network.

As a prevention, you may optimize your usage by enabling certain features on the router such as QoS. Quality of Service sets priority to ensure sufficient bandwidth on all your devices.

If you are experiencing heavy traffic on your network you may enable QoS on your router to alleviate it. For more info regarding QoS, check pages 53-55.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Optimize R6400 for Streaming Video

Hi @DD88,

Welcome to the community!

Nowadays, there are a lot of things that we do on the Internet. You have your web surfing, online gaming, video streaming, etc. and doing these things all at the same time may cause traffic on your network.

As a prevention, you may optimize your usage by enabling certain features on the router such as QoS. Quality of Service sets priority to ensure sufficient bandwidth on all your devices.

If you are experiencing heavy traffic on your network you may enable QoS on your router to alleviate it. For more info regarding QoS, check pages 53-55.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7