× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6220 New firmware V1.1.0.80 issue

vkulit
Initiate

R6220 New firmware V1.1.0.80 issue

I'm just reporting a problem with the latest firmware release for this router. I use my router to work from home. Ever since the firmware update, my calls disconnect every 5 minutes on the dot. I look in the logs and see that it thinks a DDOS attack is coming from my company's ip address. I switched back to my old Netgear CG4500 and it works without a problem. Any fix with the firmware would be greatly appreciated.
Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Hampurilias
Tutor

Re: R6220 New firmware V1.1.0.80 issue

I've done that multiple times with no success. But I found a fix for the problem.
Download and install the old firmware, I did this 2 days ago and everything is working perfect.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Hampurilias
Tutor

I have the same issue I think.
I haven't looked into the logs but the sound of my calls just disappears after a few minutes. This never happened before the update.
Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 2 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @vkulit and @Hampurilias,

Please make sure that a factory reset is done after the firmware update.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Hampurilias
Tutor

I've done that multiple times with no success. But I found a fix for the problem.
Download and install the old firmware, I did this 2 days ago and everything is working perfect.
Message 4 of 5
vkulit
Initiate

Resetting the router to default was the first thing I did. I downloaded the previous firmware and everything is working as it should. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7