× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable To Fix WLAN AutoConfig Service Issue.

Kevinwalker
Aspirant

Unable To Fix WLAN AutoConfig Service Issue.

Greetings to all. I wish ith my brand new everyone of you well. I'd want to start by saying that this is my first post on this topic and that it is in response to a need. But I had hoped for more insightful counsel from you. Guys, I'm having problems with my brand new NETGEAR AC1000 Dual Band Wireless and Ethernet Router. Because, after several attempts, I'm unable to solve the WLAN AutoConfig Service Issue. Is there anyone, who can help me to solve the issue? It would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable To Fix WLAN AutoConfig Service Issue.

A couple things. 

1. AC1000 is a speed not a model

2. what modem/gateway are you connecting it to? 

3. If its a new device, you have 90 days of free support. To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. 

Message 2 of 4

@Kevinwalker wrote:

I'm unable to solve the WLAN AutoConfig Service Issue.

"WLAN AutoConfig" is a vague term.

What is the issue?

What are you doing and where does it go wrong?

Message 3 of 4
Kevinwalker
Aspirant

Thanks for replying. As long as a wireless adapter is installed on your computer, WLAN AutoConfig Service is a built-in tool for locating wireless networks and connecting to them. But somehow it was not working. But, I already figured out the issue with help of a Google search and the article found there. There was no issue with the Router. The issue is resolved after Enable the Auto-Config Service (Solution 1). Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7