× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3700V3 Turn On Guest Access

Retired_Member
Not applicable

WNDR3700V3 Turn On Guest Access

This should be an easy task.......I am trying to simply turn on my Guest Access.  I log into netgear genie with my admin passwrod, and navigate to the Guest Access tab.  It displays as Disabled".  I select Modify.   I select Enable Guest Access and select Apply.  It waits the 70 seconds & comes back & still shows Disabled.  The guest network has been setup for years, BUT I have not turned it on for at least 3 years.  But the last tiem I did it worked fine.  I checked & my firmware is up to date

Am I missing a step?    This should not be hard to do but I cannot figure it out!

TIA to anyone that can assist.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: WNDR3700V3 Turn On Guest Access

OK was able to get this working today without a reset or firmware reload.  I had been using the netgear genie app on 2 Windows PCs & android tablet.  The app let me turn on the network & even change the password, but behind the scenes it was not actually changing anything.   Using the web router direct connection (http://www.routerlogin.net)  I was able to connect to the router, make the needed changes and get the guest netowrk up & running.   I did have to re-boot the router to get it to work on all devices.  For some reason the mobile android devices connected & worked on the guest network right away, but the windows PC laptops would not until I rebooted the laptops & the router.   And as a precaution I used a wired connection to do the web router direct connection and make the changes.   And BTW I had forgotten abotu the web direct connection, and came across it while researching the firmware reinstall option that was suggested.  

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Ever try a simple factory reset and reinstall? 

Maybe something in the settings is corrupt and causing issues. 

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks.  No I have not yet done a factory reset - I've been holding off doing that as I did not want to risk losing all my functionality, as I am in the middle of moving.  I will defintely do that when I get to my new destination. 

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Let me know how it goes. You can also reinstall the firmware. If somethings corrupt in the firmware and not the settings, a reinstall of firmware could help

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

OK was able to get this working today without a reset or firmware reload.  I had been using the netgear genie app on 2 Windows PCs & android tablet.  The app let me turn on the network & even change the password, but behind the scenes it was not actually changing anything.   Using the web router direct connection (http://www.routerlogin.net)  I was able to connect to the router, make the needed changes and get the guest netowrk up & running.   I did have to re-boot the router to get it to work on all devices.  For some reason the mobile android devices connected & worked on the guest network right away, but the windows PC laptops would not until I rebooted the laptops & the router.   And as a precaution I used a wired connection to do the web router direct connection and make the changes.   And BTW I had forgotten abotu the web direct connection, and came across it while researching the firmware reinstall option that was suggested.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7