× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR1000v3 power light flashing green

VV
Follower
Follower

WNR1000v3 power light flashing green

Hi,

I have a N150 wireless router model WNR1000v3.

It recently started having issues. When I swicth it on, all I see is blinking (flashing) green light from the power supply. From the articles I see that it may be a potential firmware issue.

So, I followed a bunch of advice from various sources. The best being  from KB article here: 

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22688

I am able to do everything correctly till step 9. at Step 9 I get stuck. Basically When i hold down the reset button and then power the router on, it starts with orange, but never goes to green or flashing green as mentioned in the article. I am able to use the tftp2 facility to run the upgrade despite the light being on orange - but obviously when I restart its always flashing green.

Is there something not right with the way I am following article? Any help is much appreciated. 

I am on a Windows 10 PC.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Daenerys
Luminary

Re: WNR1000v3 power light flashing green

Seems like a faulty unit. I recommend calling Netgear support for possible RMA. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Daenerys
Luminary

Re: WNR1000v3 power light flashing green

Seems like a faulty unit. I recommend calling Netgear support for possible RMA. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7