× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What cable modems work best with RBR50 router, and can I add additional Orbi extenders in house?

sdhammond2
Follower

What cable modems work best with RBR50 router, and can I add additional Orbi extenders in house?

Two parts to my question.

1) I have a standard, bad cable modem from Spectrum I want to replace, but I have Orbi RBR50 already attached - what is the best cable modem I shoudl get?

2) I have one extender Orbi in my house off the main router.  Can I add another to another room?

Steve

sdhammond2@gmail.com

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: What cable modems work best with RBR50 router, and can I add additional Orbi extenders in house?

@sdhammond2 wrote:

Two parts to my question.

1) I have a standard, bad cable modem from Spectrum I want to replace, but I have Orbi RBR50 already attached - what is the best cable modem I shoudl get?----Depends on your goals. I'd recommend a docsis 3.1 modem. I think the CM1000, CM1100, CM1200, CM2000 are all compatible with spectrum and capable of gigabit. If you don't need to hit gig speeds, then you can look at the lower models. 

2) I have one extender Orbi in my house off the main router.  Can I add another to another room?--yes you can. You can have up to 6 satellites. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062035/How-many-satellites-can-you-add-to-an-Orbi-WiFi-System

Steve

sdhammond2@gmail.com

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7